Subject: Temperature monitoring

From: "M. Nicklaus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 19:16:13 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

We have a Linux cluster consisting of dual XP1900+ Athlon nodes. We've
found them to be quite heat-sensitive.  We would therefore like to monitor
component temperature in them (ideally selectively for CPU, memory etc.)
to pinpoint where the problems lies, and at what temperatures the nodes
become likely to go down.

What kind of approaches - both hardware and software - have people found
to be effective for this goal?

Useful answers will be summarized.

Thanks in advance,

Marc

------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Marc C. Nicklaus, Ph.D.                 NIH/NCI at Frederick
 E-mail: [email-masked]               Bldg 376, Rm 207
 Phone:  (301) 846-5903                  376 Boyles Street
 Fax:    (301) 846-6033                  FREDERICK, MD 21702      USA
          Head, Computer-Aided Drug Design MiniCore Facility
     Laboratory of Medicinal Chemistry, Center for Cancer Research,
 National Cancer Institute at Frederick, National Institutes of Health
       http://rex.nci.nih.gov/RESEARCH/basic/medchem/mcnbio.htm
------------------------------------------------------------------------