Subject: SELF-FORMATION THEORY and APPLICATION, Vilnus, Lithuania, Nov, 2003

From: Jan Labanowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 01:47:39 -0500 (EST)

Sixth International Conference and Exhibition
SELF-FORMATION THEORY and APPLICATION
Vilnius, Lithuania
26 - 28 November 2003

SCOPE

Conference continues the series of Vilnius conferences on self-formation
with international participation held every second year since 1983 with the
last one held in 1992. It is expected to be the first conference on
self-formation with European dimension.

Self-formation concept covers an irreversible evolution of the artificial
object followed by object complexity increasing. Although self-formation
encompasses mathematical methods for the artificial object evolution
approximation it also offers attractive technological possibilities in the
microelectronics, photovoltaics and other semiconductor applications.

Self-formation, predominating in living world, however still has little use
in technological world for artificial objects formation processes without
human or automatics intervention.  Therefore Conference is designed to bring
together fundamental and application driving research to open novel
promising self-formation applications areas and generate critical mass of
research resources to foster scientific excellence in the field.

Present Conference foresees to cover following topics:
.	Self-formation of the artificial systems
.	Self-assembling of the artificial systems
.	Simulation of self-formation
.	Evolution with complexity increasing (self-organisation, synergetics,
information, self-formation, genetics, etc)
.	Self-formation physics
.	Self-formation technology (photovoltaics, fuel cells)
.	Other applications (microelectronics, nanotechnology, molecular
electronics, etc.)

ORGANIZER
Institute of Lithuanian Scientific Society.

PROGRAMME COMMITTEE
Prof. Ioannis Antoniou 		International Solvay Institutes, Belgium
Habil. Dr. Antanas Cenys 	Semiconductors Physics Institute, Lithuania
Dr. Vladas Algis Gapsys		Confederation of Lithuanian Industrialists,
Lithuania
Prof. Hermann Haken 		Center of Synergetics, University of Stuttgart,
Germany
Habil. Dr. Stepas Janusonis 	Institute of Lithuanian Scientific Society,
Lithuania
Prof. Gregoire Nicolis 		Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
Acad. Juras Pozela 		Semiconductors Physics Institute, Lithuania
Prof. Laimutis Telksnys 	Institute of Mathematics and Informatics, Lithuania
Dr. Juras Ulbikas 		Institute of Lithuanian Scientific Society, Lithuania

VENUE
The Conference will be held in Vilnius, the historical capital of Lithuania,
founded in 1323. The city make boasts of the Old Town, which is an urban
district of tremendous cultural and historic value from a national as well
as an international point of view. Since 1994 the Old Town is on the UNESCO
World Heritage list ( http://www.vilnius.lt ).

PRE-REGISTRATION
Intention to participate in the Conference or Exhibition could be made
on-line or by request to organizers. On-line pre-registration is preferred.
Registered persons will receive all news concerning Conference and in
addition information about web site's updates.

ABSTRACTS SUBMISSION:
Please visit Conference home page for submission details and requirements
for abstracts preparation.

IMPORTANT DATES
Deadline for pre-registration:	1 April
Deadline for abstracts submission:	15 May
Acceptance for abstracts:		15 June
Call for papers:				1 July

ADDRESS FOR CORRESPONDENCE
Daiva Ulbikiene
Institute of Lithuanian Scientific Society
A.Gostauto 11
LT-2600 Vilnius
Lithuania

Telephone: (+370 5) 2617902
Fax: +370 5 2313762
E-mail: [email-masked]
WWW: http://www.self-formation.lt/