Subject: "graphical engines" in molecular visualisation & etc. ???

From: Arturas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 10:52:41 +0200

Hello CCL,

We are about to make some new software which need graphical interface
to visualize molecules. Could anyone point to any related information
about precompiled "graphical engines" or any related informations,
algorithms, etc. which are useful?

And the second:

any literature or other resources about how construct molecular
topology (amino acids, other compounds), rules interpreting
connectivity in 3D models, etc.

Very appreciate any help.

Best regards,
Arturas Z.                         

mailto:[email-masked]
http://biologija.vdu.lt/person/ziemar/index.html

---

From: Giulio Vistoli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 17:12:38 +0100

Dear Arturas,

You can use our program VEGA (http://www.ddl.unimi.it) : it is a open
software to handle and visualize molecules. VEGA is a flexible environment
to develop new software applications as it includes a plug in architecture
(using both c++ and fortan languages) that allows to add new features to
VEGA, but also to use VEGA itself as a graphical framework for specific
purposes. Moreover VEGA includes a powerful visual scripting engine (based
on rebol language), that allows both to automatize several operations and to
modify and add new functions.

Best regards

Giulio Vistoli
---------------

Giulio Vistoli
Istituto di Chimica Farmaceutica e Tossicologica
Viale Abruzzi, 42
I-20131 Milano
Italia
Tel. +39-02-50317545
Fax +39-02-50317565
[email-masked]
http://www.ddl.unimi.it