Subject: CCL:New Book on Computational Chemistry

From: Ohyun Kwon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 15:43:34 -0700 (MST)

Dear CCLers;
Is any review of the new book titled "Computational Chemistry:
Introduction to the Theory and Applications of Molecular Quantum
Mechanics" by Errol Lewars?
Thanks in advance.

Yours,

Tommy Kwon

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 07:53:37 -0500
From: Emma Roberts <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: 'elewars ' <[email-masked]>
Subject: CCL:New Book on Computational Chemistry

Emma Roberts, PhD
Senior Publishing Editor (Chemistry)
Kluwer Academic Publishers
241 Borough High Street
London
SE1 1GB
UK
Email: [email-masked]
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7940 8482
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7940 7496
______________________________

====================================================================
Computational Chemistry:
Introduction to the Theory and Applications of Molecular Quantum
Mechanics
by Errol Lewars.

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce this recently published book title, available as
both a hardback and paperback. Please find below some brief details as
well as an abbreviated Table of Contents.

If you require further information, please contact me or see:
http://www.wkap.nl/prod/b/1-4020-7285-6

Best wishes,

Emma Roberts
Senior Publishing Editor (Chemistry)
Kluwer Academic Publishers

E-mail: [email-masked]

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Computational chemistry has become extremely important in the last
decade, being widely used in academic and industrial research. Yet there
have been few books designed to teach the subject to nonspecialists.

Computational Chemistry: Introduction to the Theory and Applications of
Molecular and Quantum Mechanics is an invaluable tool for teaching and
researchers alike. The book provides an overview of the field, explains
the basic underlying theory at a meaningful level that is not beyond
beginners, and it gives numerous comparisons of different methods with
one another and with experiment.

The following concepts are illustrated and their possibilities and
limitations are given:
* potential energy surfaces
* simple and extended Hückel methods
* ab initio, AM1 and related semiempirical methods
* density functional theory (DFT)

Topics are placed in a historical context, adding interest to them and
removing much of their apparently arbitrary aspect. The large number of
references, to all significant topics mentioned, should make this book
useful not only to undergraduates but also to graduate students and
academic and industrial researchers.

Table of Contents
Chapter 1: An outline of what computational chemistry is all about
Chapter 2: The concept of the potential energy surface
Chapter 3: Molecular mechanics
Chapter 4: Introduction to quantum mechanics in computational chemistry
Chapter 5: Ab initio calculations
Chapter 6: Semiempirical calculations
Chapter 7: Density functional calculations
Chapter 8: Literature, software, books and websites

Approximately 470 pages
--------------------------------------------------------------------
====================================================================

-= This is automatically added to each message by mailing script =-
[email-masked] -- To Everybody  | [email-masked] -- To Admins
Ftp: ftp.ccl.net  |  WWW: http://www.ccl.net/chemistry/   | Jan: [email-masked]