Subject: CCL:Temperature dependence of electronic transitions

From: "Jens Spanget-Larsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 12:50:29 +0100

Stefan Grimme <[email-masked]>

> Hot bands of small aromatics are discussed in 
> JPC A, 102 (1998) 7157.

Dear Stefan,

thanks for the information. Maybe I should be more specific: I am 
primarily interested in the temperature dependence of 'normal' 
electronic transitions, like the alpha and p bands of benzenoid 
hydrocarbons:

"[Clar] distinguishes the alpha bands by the fact that they move to 
shorter wavelengths on lowering the temperature whereas the p and 
beta bands move to longer wavelengths." (Murrell, 1963)

Jens >--<

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
JENS SPANGET-LARSEN         Office:         +45 4674 2710
Department of Chemistry     Fax:            +45 4674 3011
Roskilde University (RUC)   Mobile:         +45 2320 6246
P.O.Box 260                 E-Mail:        [email-masked]
DK-4000 Roskilde, Denmark   http://virgil.ruc.dk/~spanget
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=