Subject: Emerging Technology Symposium Competition - Deadline: April 14th.

From: "Curt M. Breneman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 23:17:51 -0500

Dear Computational Chemists and friends,

This message is to remind everyone that the fourth annual Emerging
Technology Symposium will take place at the New York ACS National
Meeting this Fall.  This COMP Division symposium is sponsored by
Schrodinger, Inc who generously provides a $1,000 prize for the best
presentation of the afternoon as determined by a panel of experts.
Here's a copy of the announcement that's on the COMP Division website
(http://membership.acs.org/C/COMP):

=================

The Computers in Chemistry Division (COMP) of the ACS expects to hold
the fourth annual Symposium on Emerging Technologies in
ComputationalChemistry at the American Chemical Society National
Meeting, New York City, USA, September 7-11, 2003. The objective of the
symposium is to stimulate, reward, and publicize methodological advances
in computational chemistry.

The talks will be evaluated by a Panel of Experts based on the impact
the research will have on the future of computational chemistry and
allied sciences. The symposium will be ideal for presenting your latest
and best research on new techniques and software development.

Schrodinger, Inc., will again sponsor a $1000 prize for the best talk at
the symposium.

All are invited to participate. To participate, it is necessary to
submit a regular short ACS abstract via http://oasys.acs.org/. It is
also necessary to email a long (1000-word, text-only) abstract to the
new organizer (Curt M. Breneman) by April 14, 2003. The talks must be
original and not be repeats of talks at other ACS symposia. The long
abstracts will be evaluated, and those individuals selected for an oral
presentation at the symposium will be notified by the end of April.
Applications for the Emerging Technologies Symposium that cannot be
accepted will be rescheduled in one of the other COMP sessions at the
meeting.

Inquiries should sent to:

Prof. Curt M. Breneman
Department of Chemistry
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Troy, NY 12180
E-mail: [email-masked]

======================================

See you in the Big Apple!

Curt Breneman
RPI Chemistry