Subject: 17th Darmstaedter Molecular Modelling Workshop in Erlangen, Germany: 2nd Circular

From: Harald Lanig <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 15:06:20 +0200

17th Darmstaedter Molecular Modelling Workshop
Computer-Chemie-Centrum, 91052 Erlangen, Germany

Tuesday, May 27 - Wednesday, May 28, 2003

Second Circular

Dear colleagues, 

as already mentioned in the first circular, the "Darmstaedter
Molecular-Modelling-Workshop 2003" will take place the two days before
Ascension Day. This is the first year in which the Workshop will be held
at its new venue at the University of Erlangen. 

The goal of the Workshop is to give young scientists, especially PhD
students and Post-Docs, the chance to present their current research,
industrial colleagues are able to gain an overview about ongoing
academic research. 

Contributions from all areas of molecular modelling, life sciences to
materials, are highly welcome. 

We are pleased to announce that the following scientists have agreed to
give plenary lectures

  Dr. H. Grubmueller (MPI Göttingen)
Prof. R. Hubbard (Universität York) 
Prof. G. Schneider (Universität Frankfurt)

The official conference language is German but talks can also be given
in English. Slides and posters should be in English. Talks should take
approximately 20 minutes including discussion. Posters should have
portrait format (90x140 cm). 

Prior to the poster session each contribution should be presented
briefly (2 minutes, using at most 2 overhead transparencies).

Registration ends on April 30th. Only Posters and talks with abstracts
received before April, 30th will be considered.

Registration can be made online only
<http://www.chemie.uni-erlangen.de/ccc/conference/da-register.html>

Abstracts of posters and talks should be send by email as ASCII or RTF
files to Dr. B. Beck ([email-masked]) or Dr. A.
Teckentrup ([email-masked]) before April
30th. 

As an opportunity, especially for beginners in the field of Molecular
Modelling, we are pleased to announce a 

MGMS-DS One Day Mini-Workshop 

which will take place on Monday, May 26, 2003 at the
Computer-Chemie-Centrum. The course gives an overview of the techniques
and methods available to model small molecules and proteins on a
classical and quantum-mechanical basis. Further information (in german)
is available under
<http://www.chemie.uni-erlangen.de/ccc/conference/mmws03/kurzworkshop_de.html>. 

We also want to remind you about the 

Competition for Network Applications in the Field of Molecular Modelling

announced by the MGMS-DS for the first time in 2003. It was decided to
offer an award of 500 EUR for the best internet-based scientific
application entered in the competition (look under
<http://www.chemie.uni-erlangen.de/ccc/conference/darmstadt.html#award>
for details). This prize will be presented for the first time during the
17th Darmstädter Molecular Modelling Workshop. Submissions should be
made using the electronic input form available at the DGMS-DS website
<http://www.dkfz.de/spec/mgms/web_award.html>. The Deadline is May 1st,
2003.

Hints for travelling/accommodation and also further information about
the agenda will be available on the Workshop's website soon. Any
additional questions about the Workshop can be sent to
[email-masked]. 

The annual general meeting of the MGMS-DS (german section)
<http://www.dkfz.de/spec/mgms/> will be held during the Workshop. 

The conference fee, which depends on membership of the MGMS-DS, amounts
to: 

Members: 35 EUR 
Student Members: 15 EUR 
Non-Members: 50 EUR
Students: 25 EUR 

With regards, 

Bernd Beck
Andreas Teckentrup
Harald Lanig

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Dr. Harald Lanig            Universitaet Erlangen/Nuernberg
 Computer-Chemie-Centrum     Naegelsbachstr. 25, D-91052 Erlangen
 
 Phone +49(0)9131-85 26525   Mailto:[email-masked]
 Fax   +49(0)9131-85 26565   http://www.ccc.uni-erlangen.de/lanig
------------------------------------------------------------------------