Subject: crash in MP2 frequencies with GAUSSIAN98

From: Jesus Rodriguez-Otero <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 16:00:30 +0200

Hi!
I'm trying to calculate  MP2 frequencies with GAUSSIAN98 and the program 
crash in the link 1112 (link that calculate the MP2 second derivatives). 
The calculated system has symmetry so I thought that it was due to some 
problem with the symmetry, but the problem still appears when I take away 
the symmetry. The system is a dimmer, so we have very small frequencies, 
most likely it also has one negative intermolecular frequency.  Belong I 
show the last few lines of the  Gaussian98 output. I will very grateful if 
some can give me and idea about what is going on and  how to solve it. Thanks.

Last lines of the output including symmetry:

  FoFDir used for L=0 through L=2.
exception system:  exiting due to multiple internal errors:
        handler returned invalid disposition
        exception dispatch or unwind stuck in infinite loop
exception system:  exiting due to multiple internal errors:
        handler returned invalid disposition
        handler returned invalid disposition
--------------------------------------------------------
Las lines of the output taking off the symmetry:

G2DrvN: will do   26 atoms at a time, making    1 passes doing MaxLOS=2.
FoFDir used for L=0 through L=2.
Last chance handler: pc = 0x3ff807e25b8, sp = 0x11fff88e0, ra = 0x3ff807e25b8
Last chance handler: internal exception: handler returned invalid disposition
exception system:  exiting due to multiple internal errors:
        handler returned invalid disposition
        handler returned invalid disposition

P.S. The programs also produces a core file but i can't use the debugger 
because  of compilation options.

Jesus Rodriguez-Otero