Subject: CCG Excellence Award Application Deadline - April 14th, 2003 for New York ACS Meeting: (Second Notice)

From: "Curt M. Breneman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 23:47:47 -0400

Dear Computational Chemistry graduate students and advisors:

Applications for CCG Excellence Awards are due April 14th, 2003 for the
New York ACS National Meeting!

Application for these awards is a two-step process. First, an
application for the Award must be submitted to the Treasurer of the COMP

division for consideration. The application consists of an extended
(2-page) abstract of the poster or presentation along with a letter of
support from the research advisor, a two page CV, and a personal
statement. Secondly, an abstract of a poster or oral presentation in the

COMP program must be submitted through the ACS OASYS system for online
submissions prior to the deadline for the meeting at which the awards
will be presented (New York, in this case).

Awardees are chosen on the basis of the quality and significance of the
research to be presented, as well as the strength of the supporting
letter and other materials. All graduate students are encouraged to
submit applications for the Awards. Students from the same research
group are encouraged to apply. Students from research groups that have
won awards at previous ACS meetings are also encouraged to submit
applications. Awards will be given only to those individuals making
presentations, and not co-authors.

For questions, contact:

Prof. Curt M. Breneman; Treasurer, ACS COMP Division; RPI Department of
Chemistry; 110 8th St.; Troy, NY 12180

To see photos and details of previous winners, see:
http://membership.acs.org/C/COMP/CCG/ccg.html#winners