Subject: Need Help on Simulation of Polymer Blend/copolymer system

From: Daeyeon Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 22:04:56 -0400

Hello all,

I am a graduate student in the Chem Eng Dept at MIT taking a course on 
the statistical mechanics of polymers.  We have a final project that we 
must submit by the end of the term (May 8th) and my project is to 
investigate the compatibilizing effect of block copolymers in immiscible 
polymer blend system.  Specifically, it will be a blend of A and B 
homopolymer with A-C diblcok copolymer as a compatibilizer. 
 Unfortunately, I have no experience with computational simulations and 
am stuck from the beginning. I have read some papers where people have 
used Monte Carlo simulations.  I hope there is a software package that I 
can use to do simple simulations to study this kind of system.  I have 
used Biosym several times and I know that there is an amorphous cell 
module which may work for me but I am still not sure if this is where I 
should start.  I would sincerely appreciate it if someone with some 
experience in this kind of work could help me out or offer some advice. 
Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Daeyeon Lee

-- 

Daeyeon Lee
Department of Chemical Engineering/PPST
Massachusetts Institute of Technology 
Room 66-353
77 Massachusetts Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02139

Tel:  (617) 253-6477
E-mail: [email-masked]