Subject: Molden Laplacian Plot options.

From: Stephen Cooke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 10:50:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Everybody,

We have an interest in our laboratory in examining the bonding in rare gas 
containing molecules through experiment.  Accordingly we have begun 
supplementing our experimental work with theoretical calculations and in 
particular producing electron density plots of our molecules and also 
examing the laplacian plots, all using Molden.

Of increasing interest is the Laplacian.  Molden has 
4 plot options for the laplacian, i'm sure many of you will know 
these are:  Euclid, 3D, 3D-X and Space.

I can interpret the Euclid and 3D type plots (well just about anyway!) and 
these appear to be the common way of presenting this type of information.  

My question is how should one interpret the "Space plot" of the Laplacian?
I have examined the online documentation and have not been successful in 
finding any help.

Thank you for your time,

Best wishes,

Steve Cooke

Chemistry Department
The University of British Columbia
Vancouver
Canada

[email-masked]
Tel:  (604) 822-2129
Fax:  (604) 822-2847