Subject: Seminar Event: Key Challenges in Drug Discovery: Informatics & Modeling Solutions

From: "Osman F Guner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 15:19:03 -0700

Dear Colleague,

Accelrys invites you to attend a free, one-day seminar entitled 'Key 
Challenges in Drug Discovery: Informatics & Modeling Solutions.' This is a 
unique opportunity for you to learn about the latest in computational 
technologies for bioinformatics, rational drug design, computational 
proteomics, and cheminformatics. 

The seminars will focus on practical applications of informatics and 
modeling, where Accelrys scientists will present case study material and 
explain the underlying technology. In addition to learning about Accelrys' 
software solutions, there will be the opportunity to discuss key research 
issues with Accelrys experts and other scientists.

All you need to do to register is simply visit 
www.accelrys.com/seminars/ls_eu_2003/

The locations and dates for these seminars are:
May 19 - Cambridge, UK 
May 21 - Frankfurt, Germany 
May 22 - Paris, France

The seminars will open with a general session:
- Enabling Collaborative e-Research
- Virtual HTS Studies on HIVpr, Thymidine Kinase, and CDK2
- Data Warehousing-Integration of Biological and Chemical Information

The rest of the day will cover various topics depending on the track (not 
all topics are listed):

Track 1: Bioinformatics/Proteomics
- Identification and Characterization of Repetitive Elements in Bacterial 
Genomes
- Using Informatics-based Tools for Datamining Biological Function
- Characterization of Biochemical Function Using 3D Structure Information

Track 2: Rational Drug Design
- Streamlined High Throughput De Novo Design coupled with QSAR and ADME 
filters
- Design of focused/diverse subset libraries using on-the-fly optimization 
methods (MC/GA)
- Elucidating Pharmacophore Patterns in Drugs that Bind to P-Gp

Track 3: Cheminformatics
- Accord Enterprise Informatics 5.3: Managing data from Low to High 
Throughput Screening data
- Building a Customized Cheminformatics System: Mix & Match Components
- New components for large library enumeration and automated structure

You will find complete information on the seminars, including a detailed 
agenda and registration information, at Accelrys' web address listed 
above. Space is limited, so please register early.

We hope that you are able to take the opportunity to attend one of the 
seminars and look forward to meeting you there.

Best wishes,
Accelrys

Osman F. Güner, Ph.D.
Executive Director
Cheminformatics and Rational Drug Design
Accelrys Inc.,  858-799-5341
[email-masked], http://www.accelrys.com