Subject: Gaussian Workshop

From: Gaussian <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 14:49:04 -0400

Gaussian Workshop
Marlboro, Massachusetts
June 24-27, 2003

Introduction to Gaussian: Theory and Practice

Gaussian, Inc., in conjunction with the Hewlett Packard, is pleased
to sponsor "Introduction to Gaussian: Theory and Practice." This
workshop will be presented by representatives of Gaussian, Inc.,
and will be held at the Radisson Hotel in Marlboro, Massachusetts.

The workshop will cover the full range of methods available in the
Gaussian 03 package with emphasis on new methods and features
which make Gaussian applicable to an ever widening spectrum of
research applications. The workshop is structured to provide an
introduction to electronic structure theory as well as a hands-on
review for researchers active in the field. It is open to researchers
at all levels of academic, government and industrial research.

Tentative Topic List:

*  Introduction to Electronic Structure Theory
*  Independent Particle Methods
*  Model Chemistries: A Framework for Understanding Electronic Structure 
Theory Results
*  Using ONIOM
*  MCSCF Methods and Applications
*  Geometry Optimization Techniques
*  Electron Correlation Methods
*  Density Functional Theory Methods
*  Methods for Excited Electronic States
*  Interpretation of Gaussian Results
*  Prediction of Molecular Properties
*  Solvent Effects via Electronic Structure Methods
*  Estimating Resource Requirements

There will be hands-on sessions each day between the morning
and afternoon lectures. Workshop participants will be provided
with use of a workstation to complete exercises, experiment and/or
conduct short research topics. The GaussView 3.0 user interface
will be used to perform visualization of results and to facilitate
calculation setup. Each workshop participant will also be provided
a copy of the lecture notes, a copy of "Exploring Chemistry with
Electronic Structure Methods" (2nd. Ed.) and a copy of the G03
User's Reference.

Cost: Academic: $370.00 per person; Commercial: $520.00 per person.
Registration Deadline: Registration materials and the registration
fee must be received by June 13, 2003. A registration form is available
on our website at http://www.gaussian.com/g_workshops/ws_marl.htm:
Hotel Accommodations: Hotel reservations and accommodations will
be the responsibility of each participant. The Radisson is offering a
special rate of $89 per night (single or double) for workshop participants.
You may make your reservations by contacting the Radisson Hotel at
(508) 480-0015 or fax at (508) 485-2242. Be sure to mention you are with
the Gaussian/Hewlett Packard workshop. More information on the hotel
may be found at http://www.radisson.com/marlboroughma. Note that
reservations are only accepted by phone.

Meals: Continental breakfast, lunch and coffee breaks are included in the
registration fee. All other meals will be the responsibility of each 
participant.
Travel: For participants flying into Boston's Logan Airport, Limo Services
that can transport you to the Radisson Hotel in Marlboro are available on
our website at http://www.gaussian.com/g_workshops/ws_marl.htm:

*************************************************************

This notice is sent without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied by
Gaussian Inc. or Hewlett Packard. Gaussian and GaussView are registered
trademarks of Gaussian, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their
registered holders.