Subject: CCL:Re: Exposed surface area routine

From: Michel Petitjean <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 17:22:37 +0200 (MEST)

To: [email-masked]
Subject: CCL:Re: Exposed surface area routine

Alfredo Cardenas <[email-masked]> wrote:
>Hello,
>I am looking for a program (or subroutine) to compute surface
>area for residues in a protein. If it is written in fortran would be
>better.
>Thanks,
>
>Alfredo Cardenas
>[email-masked]

Look to the ASV freeware on the following site:
http://petitjeanmichel.free.fr/itoweb.petitjean.freeware.html#ASV
There are both the analytical calculation and the Monte-Carlo
computation. If you have hundreds of intersecting spheres, the
Monte-Carlo is faster (try, say, N=10^5 ou 10^6)

Michel Petitjean,                     Email: [email-masked]
ITODYS (CNRS, UMR 7086)                      [email-masked]
1 rue Guy de la Brosse                Phone: +33 (0)1 44 27 48 57
75005 Paris, France.                  FAX  : +33 (0)1 44 27 68 14
http://petitjeanmichel.free.fr/itoweb.petitjean.html