Subject: 03.10.10 11th Foresight Conf on Molec Nanotech, Burlingame, CA, USA

From: Jan Labanowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 00:35:06 -0400 (EDT)

11th Foresight Conference on Molecular Nanotechnology
        Thursday, October 9  --  Sunday, October 12, 2003
            San Francisco Airport Marriott

           http://www.foresight.org/Conferences/MNT11/index.html

[Pieces taken from Web Site by Jan Labanowski] 

The 11th Foresight Conference on Molecular Nanotechnology will be held
at the San Francisco Airport Marriott, 1800 Old  Bayshore Highway,
Burlingame, CA 94010. The Conference will begin with a reception
the evening of Thursday, October 9, and  end Sunday, October 12, 2003.
An intensive Tutorial on Foundations of Nanotechnology will be held
on October 9.

This 2003 Conference home page will provide the information you will need
about the conference and to register for the  conference. After the
conference is over, this page will provide the permanent archive for the
conference.

Rapid advances in our ability to image, manipulate, and probe the
properties of matter at the atomic scale-together with  emerging insights
into structure, function and self-assembly in biological systems-is
bringing to fruition the tremendous promise  of nanotechnology first
recognized by Richard Feynman over 40 years ago. In the next decade,
current research into the science  and technology of nanostructures is
expected to have a major impact on fields ranging from consumer
electronics to space  exploration and medicine.

The Foresight Institute's first Conference on Nanotechnology, which
pre-dated the National Nanotechnology Initiative by a  decade, was the
first comprehensive conference on the topic of nanotechology. Foresight
sponsored events continue to be the  premiere venue for discussing new and
innovative multidisciplinary research in nanotechnology. Last year's
conference, the 10th  in the series, attracted researchers from academic,
government and industrial laboratories world-wide, and included papers 
> from the electronics, medical, computing, and biological communities.
Foresight's 11th Conference will continue this level of  excellence by
providing a forum in which leaders from all disciplines delving into
science and technology at the nanoscale can  present and discuss their
most recent results and ideas.

Submission information:

                         Abstracts
                                     Due by June 2, 2003.
                         Acceptance notices
                                       July 2003

There will be oral presentations and a poster session during the
conference. The poster session will be held on Friday afternoon.  On
Saturday there will be additional time for viewing and discussion of the
posters. All those who wish either to speak or to  present a poster must
submit an abstract. The deadline for submitting abstracts is June 2, 2003.
The abstracts should be no  longer than 500 words including references and
footnotes. Each submitted abstract may include only one graphic in jpg or
gif  format. The size should be no larger than 400 x 400 pixels (will be
displayed at 72 dpi). Abstracts not in the appropriate format will  be
returned without being considered.

All accepted abstracts will be permanently available on the WWW at
http://www.foresight.org