Subject: Re: CCL:chemical formula editors for windows

From: Kenneth Geisshirt <kenneth~at~geisshirt.dk>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 15:25:33 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, Lubos Vrbka wrote:

> or could you please suggest some other program for free that i could
> use? unix reccomendations are also welcome.

Take a look at xdrawchem: http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gte067k/xdrawchem/
- there is also a Windows version.

Kneth

-- 
Kenneth Geisshirt, M.Sc., Ph.D.         http://kenneth.geisshirt.dk
Grxndals Parkvej 2A, 3. sal                    kenneth~at~geisshirt.dk
DK-2720 Vanlxse                                     +45 38 87 78 38

---

From: Christoph Steinbeck <c.steinbeck~at~uni-koeln.de>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 16:07:34 +0200

Completely free (as in "free software") is WinDrawChem, which is also 
available as a Linux version XDrawChem ( see 
http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gte067k/windrawchem/ and links therein).

Don't know about the export features, though. But because it is open 
source you could add them yourself :-)

If you feel very adventurous, you could try our free structure editor 
JChemPaint (http://jchempaint.sf.net), but if your focus is nice output, 
that might not be an option (yet).

Cheers,

Chris

-- 
Dr. Christoph Steinbeck (e-mail: c.steinbeck~at~uni-koeln.de)
Groupleader Junior Research Group for Applied Bioinformatics
Cologne University BioInformatics Center (http://www.cubic.uni-koeln.de)
Z|lpicher Str. 47, 50674 Cologne
Tel: +49(0)221-470-7426   Fax: +49 (0) 221-470-5092

What is man but that lofty spirit - that sense of enterprise.
... Kirk, "I, Mudd," stardate 4513.3..

Lubos Vrbka wrote:
> dear ccl'ers,
> 
> i've used chemdraw for some time but now i have to switch to something 
> else, preferably a FREE software. i'm trying mdl isis draw 2.5 now (it's 
> free for academic and home use), but it has serious problems exporting
> 
>> .eps and other file types that are essential for me. anyone has seen the 
> 
> same behaviour? do you have any advices concerning this?
> 
> i tried to search the archives, but with no results... i'll summarize 
> the postings at the end...
> 
> regards,
> lubos
>