Subject: Altering Gaussian output.

From: Stephen Cooke <sacooke_at_chem.ubc.ca>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 15:39:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Everybody,

I am preparing some density plots using Gaussian 98 which i then view 
using MOLDEN.

The little molecule I am working on at the moment is PbS and I have the 
problem that whilst the calculation appears to run fine the format of the 
output is a little weird.  As an example here is a "weird" bit:

                           1        2         3         4         5
                        (SG)--0  (SG)--0   (PI)--0   (PI)--0   (SG)--0
  EIGENVALUES  --  ***********-496.69320-477.99337-477.99337-477.99273

The leading asterisks presumeably come about because the output format is 
set to something like f9.5 or f10.5 and my Eigenvalues are 
larger than that.   Unsurprisingly this causes the MOLDEN viewer a 
problem.

Is there a simple way around this or do i have to alter the code? If the 
only option is the latter does anybody have any experience altering the 
code (if thats possible) when they are not the system administrator just a 
general user etc...

I truly appreciate any help anybody can offer.

Cheers,

Steve Cooke
UBC Vancouver, Canada