Subject: CLIFF - New Version of the File Format Converter Released

From: Info - Molecular Networks GmbH <info:at:mol-net.de>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:15:45 +0200

CLIFF 1.23 Announcement   New Version of the File Format Converter
-------------------------------------

Molecular Networks GmbH is pleased to announce version 1.23 of the file
format converter CLIFF.
The program supports more than 45 different chemical structure exchange
file formats commonly used for chemical compounds (SMILES, SDF, MOL,
MOL2, ...) and reactions (RXN, RDF).

The most important improvements in the current version are:
* Improved Charmm and Sybyl2 file format support
* NEW: Support of Daylight's Thor Data Tree/Stigmata file format (read
and write)
* NEW: Support of Daylight's SMARTS file format (read and write)
* NEW: Support of MDL's TGF file format (write only)
* NEW: Support of MDL's ISIS Sketch file format (read only) for
molecules and reactions (incl. atom mapping)

The program provides a series of functionality, which goes beyond a
simple conversion tool, such as
* Generation of 2D coordinates by a state-of-the-art 2D structure layout
module of the CACTVS system
* Removal of counterions in salts
* Enrichment of datasets with additional information
* NEW: Generation of all tautomeric forms or a unique tautomeric form of
the input structures for standardization purposes

CLIFF can be applied to
* Interfacing a variety of chemical information and data processing
systems
* Maintenance and standardization of compound and reaction databases
* Preprocessing of datasets by adding missing data or converting to file
formats required by other programs

As it was designed to handle large datasets of hundreds of thousands of
chemical structures the program is available as a command line program.
CLIFF is available for x86 Linux, SGI IRIX, Sun Solaris, or Windows
NT/2000/XP.

For further information please visit our website http://www.mol-net.de/
or contact us by e-mail info:at:mol-net.de

--
   Molecular Networks GmbH
   Dr. Oliver Sacher
   Ndgelsbachstr. 25
   91052 Erlangen, Germany
   Tel.: +49-9131-815668
   Fax: +49-9131-815669
   Email: sacher:at:mol-net.de
   Web: http://www.mol-net.de