Subject: Compiling Molscript

From: "Raymond C. Fort Jr." <rcfort/at/maine.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 15:18:46 -0400

Apologies if this is a bit off topic:  I have been trying to compile 
Molscript under Linux (red Hat 6.2 or 7.2).  I have fought through most of 
the problems with location and names of libraries (with the help of 
makefiles  from Pierre Cotney and Edward Berry), but now I get the 
following error messages:

                -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lglut -lGLU -lGL -lXmu -lXext -lX11 
-ljpeg -lpng -lgd -lz -lm
opengl.o: In function `pick':
opengl.o(.text+0x696): undefined reference to `ogl_check_errors'
opengl.o: In function `ogl_render_init':
opengl.o(.text+0x15b4): undefined reference to `ogl_check_errors'
opengl.o: In function `ogl_render_lists':
opengl.o(.text+0x1871): undefined reference to `ogl_check_errors'
opengl.o: In function `ogl_cylinder':
opengl.o(.text+0x2c7a): undefined reference to `ogl_cylinder_faces'
opengl.o: In function `ogl_label':
opengl.o(.text+0x31f7): undefined reference to `ogl_bitmap_string'
opengl.o: In function `ogl_stick':
opengl.o(.text+0x3916): undefined reference to `ogl_cylinder_faces'
opengl.o: In function `ogl_render_lights':
opengl.o(.text+0x6e6d): undefined reference to `ogl_check_errors'
opengl.o: In function `ogl_sphere':
opengl.o(.text+0x70f1): undefined reference to `ogl_sphere_faces_globe'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [molscript] Error 1

Has anyone successfully completed this task who would be willing to share a 
makefile?

Again, apologies to those who might consider this off topic, and thanks in 
advance for any help!

Ray

Professor Ray Fort Jr.                          Voice: (207)-581-1180
Department of Chemistry                 FAX: (207)-581-1191
University of Maine                             EMail: rcfort/at/maine.edu
Orono, ME 04469                         Web: 
chemistry.umeche.maine.edu/fort.html

Molecular modeling of organic and biological molecules; wood and pulping 
chemistry