Subject: Reusing the NAMD code to build C++ simulation program

From: masakatsu-ito~at~aist.go.jp
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 18:29:40 +0900 (JST)

Dear CCL'ers,

I am wondering if it is easy to reuse the NAMD code to build C++
simulation program. My question might sound strange because NAMD is so
famous for its high extensibility and object-oriented design with
C++. But NAMD is actually coded in Charm++, an extended C++ for
parallelization, so that the problem is that a programmer has to deal
with Charm++ syntax in the NAMD code and its execution model for
parallel computation.  So, could somebody give me a brief explanation
how the NAMD code can be incorporated into C++ framework, or if it is
possible.

I would appreciate any suggestion or references for a simulation
program which is built by adding C++ code to the NAMD code.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Masakatsu Ito , Ph.D

Grid Technology Research Center
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
Tsukuba Central 2, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8568 Japan
E-mail masakatsu-ito~at~aist.go.jp
URL http://met.sourceforge.net/