Subject: Question about gaussian installation

From: Aaron Russell <arussell/at/mta.ca>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 10:22:28 -0300

Hello

Do you use Gaussian G98 and G03 on your cluster or do you know anyone who does? 
I am trying to install Gaussian G98 and G03 and not having much success keeping 
it stable. I am looking to know how other people have installed Gaussian on a 
cluster and the special tricks they did to get it working. I am very interested 
in things like using are you using a stratch/ directory on the NFS file system 
or a stratch/ directory on each compute node. Did you install Gaussian on each 
compute node? What version of Linux and kernal version are you using? Do you 
have any problems with Linda and running Gaussian in parallel?

Sincerely

Aaron Russell
Research Technologist
Mount Allison University 
67 York Street 
Sackville, New Brunswick, Canada 
E4L 1E6 
Phone: (506) 364-2162 
Fax: (506) 364-2313 
E-mail: arussell/at/mta.ca