Subject: RE: install g03 on redhat 7.2

From: "Joseph Han" <josephh<<at>>stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 10:14:16 -0700

I personally don't know about Redhat 7.2, but I have installed G03
successfully on a cluster of Redhat 6.2 machines.  I'm assuming,
therefore, that it would also be possible to install it on a Redhat 7.2
machine.

To do this, I made two changes to the i386.make file (the second one
only because I was running on a cluster of PIII and Athlon XP machines.
If you are using PIV machines, the second change isn't necessary.)

1)  Change the line:

SYSLIBS = -lm -lc

to:

SYSLIBS = -L/share/apps/g03/lib -lm -lc

where previously, I had copied the libc.so and libm.so files from a
Redhat 8.0 installation into /share/apps/g03/lib.

2)  Change the lines:

VECTOR4 = ,prefetch,sse -fastsse -Mscalarsse
MACHTY = p7

to:

VECTOR4 = ,prefetch,sse -Mscalarsse
MACHTY = p6

Then a standard compile should produce executables that finish the
entire test suite without problems.

Joseph Han
Department of Chemical Engineering
Stanford University
650-723-0420
FAX:  650-725-7294

> 
> Hi CCLers,
> 
>   Can g03 be installed on Redhat 7.2?
>   
> 
> -- 
> Best regards,
>  Qiang                          mailto:qiangl<<at>>uci.edu
>

---

From: Qiang Lu <qiangl..at..uci.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 16:31:27 -0700

Hi Joseph,

    I tried to put redhat8 libc.so and libm.so to g03 directory. Once I run
    it. I go the message like: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: version
    `GLIBC_PRIVATE` not found (required by .../g03/libc.so.6)

    I think the redhat8 libc.so.6 require /lib/ld-linux.so.2. The
    system was compiled under this way. Even I copied redhat
    ld-linux.so.2 into g03 directory. It didn't work.

    I wonder how did you bypass this problem.
-- 
Best regards,
 Qiang                            mailto:qiangl..at..uci.edu

=================Original message text===============
I personally don't know about Redhat 7.2, but I have installed G03
successfully on a cluster of Redhat 6.2 machines.  I'm assuming,
therefore, that it would also be possible to install it on a Redhat 7.2
machine.

1)  Change the line:

SYSLIBS = -lm -lc

to:

2)  Change the lines:

to:

Joseph Han

>  Qiang                          mailto:qiangl..at..uci.edu
> 

-= This is automatically added to each message by mailing script =-
To send e-mail to subscribers of CCL put the string CCL: on your Subject: line
and send your message to:  CHEMISTRY..at..ccl.net

Send your subscription/unsubscription requests to: CHEMISTRY-REQUEST..at..ccl.net 
HOME Page: http://www.ccl.net   | Jobs Page: http://www.ccl.net/jobs 

If your mail is bouncing from CCL.NET domain send it to the maintainer:
Jan Labanowski,  jkl..at..ccl.net (read about it on CCL Home Page)
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

==============End of original message text===========