Subject: Marvin 3.2 and JChem 2.1 released

From: Ferenc Csizmadia <fcsiz=at=chemaxon.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 09:31:09 +0200

Apologies for multiple postings.

Marvin 3.2 and JChem 2.1 has been released. The packages contain Java 
applications and software development tools for chemistry, which are 
portable (run under Windows, Mac OS X, Unix, etc.)

Marvin Applets and JavaBeans support drawing/displaying chemical
structures and handling molecule objects.

JChem modules: JChem Base (chemical database searching and database 
integration), JChem Cartridge for Oracle, Standardizer (structure 
canonization), Screen (virtual screening), Reactor (reaction modeling), 
Fragmenter (generating building blocks), JKlustor (clustering and 
diversity calculations).

Some recent changes in Marvin:

- Enhanced stereochemical representation (according to MDL's
   new specification.

- Improved Charge, logP and pKa calculation.

- MarvinSketch can open 3D viewer windows.

Some recent changes in JChem:

- New piece: JChem Cartridge for Oracle (accessing many JChem
   functions, such as structure searching or property predictions,
   from within Oracle's SQL)

- Enhanced performance of substructure search, especially in case
   of reactions.

- Substructure hit coloring and hit alignment

- Improvements in Screen: fuzzy smoothing in pharmacophore
   fingerprints, median hypothesis, better pharmacophore
   perception (mapping), GenerateMD replaces GenerFP

* ChemAxon will have a booth at the upcoming ACS meeting *
New York, September 8-10, Booth 1112
http://www.chemistry.org/portal/a/c/s/1/acsdisplay.html?DOC=meetings\newyork2003\homepage.html
We will be showcasing our old and new products and will also have open 
computers to try live versions.

Regards,
Ferenc
PS:
The software can be tried/downloaded at 
http://www.chemaxon.com/products.html

Online demos and examples

Movies:
    http://www.chemaxon.com/demos.html
Marvin Applications through Java Web Start:
    http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/jnlp/index.html
Marvin applet demos:
    http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/demos.html
Marvin examples for developers:
    http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/doc/dev#examples
JChem:
    http://www.jchem.com/examples.html

FREE:
- Marvin Applets are free for free web sites.
- MarvinSketch and MarvinView applications accessed from
   ChemAxon's web site
       http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/jnlp/index.html
- Locally installed MarvinSketch, MarvinView, and MolConverter
   applications.

-- 
Dr. Ferenc Csizmadia
CEO
ChemAxon
http://www.chemaxon.com