Subject: Thymine dipole-moment

From: Daniel Svozil <svozil[at]uochb.cas.cz>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 14:16:35 +0200

Hi,

I need to compare a calculated dipole moment of thymine in the gas phase
with the experimental value. The only source I've found so far is: I.
Kulakowska et al, Biochim. Biophys. Acta 361 (1971) 119-130 "Dipole
moments of 2,4-diketopyrimidines Part II: Uracil, Thymine and their
derivatives. They give dipole moment of 4.13 D. but it was mesured in
dioxane.

Is anybody aware of another source for thymine dipol moment in the gas
phase???

Thanks in advance
  Dan

-- 
Daniel Svozil, PhD
Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry
and Center for Complex Molecular Systems and Biomolecules
http://www.molecular.cz/
Czech Republic

phone: +420-2-20 183 263