Subject: Symposium on Linking Bioinformatics to Cheminformatics at ACS National Meeting in Anaheim March 28 - April 1, 2004

From: Mitchell Miller <mitchell.miller*at*lionbioscience.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 11:07:16 -0600

Colleagues,

At the next ACS National Meeting (Anaheim March 28 - April 1, 2004), the
Division of Chemical Information will conduct a symposium on

The Bigger Picture: Linking
Bioinformatics to Cheminformatics.

and you are invited to submit an abstract.

Theme: Most life-science research organizations have information
systems for sequence data and for compound data.  This symposium will
explore what is being done to bridge these two types of systems and provide an
integrated view that facilitates faster compound discovery.  We welcome
talks about information systems in production, development, or planning. You
can even talk about what you wish you could build if…

Here are the details:

- The best way to submit an abstract is on-line using OASYS
(http://oasys.acs.org/)

- Please e-mail or call me if you have trouble with OASYS.

- The deadline for submissions is 1 December 2003.  (You
can submit an abstract now and then make changes until 1 December.)

- Target presentation length is 20 minutes, with 5 minutes
for questions.  Please let me know if you need more time.

- We especially welcome presentations from research
organizations working with bioinformatics and cheminformatics.

- When planning your presentation, consider a back-up person
> from your organization who could deliver your talk if for any reason you cannot
make it to the meeting.

Questions are welcome!

Regards,

Mitch

Mitchell Miller, Ph.D.

Director Cheminformatics

LION bioscience

[email-masked]

Tel.  +1 801 569 1390

Fax. +1 801 365 3949