Subject: 03.10.20 Computational Chemistry Grid Conference

From: "Dr. Jan K Labanowski" <jkl-.at.-ccl.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 08:55:54 -0400 (EDT)

Announcement:

2nd Announcement For

Computational Chemistry Grid Conference

We are pleased to announce the 3rd annual Computational Chemistry Grid
Conference sponsored by SURA in collaboration with the National
Computational Sciences Alliance (NCSA) , the University of Kentucky and
the Department of Defense's Programming Environment and Training (PET)
Program to be held at the University of Kentucky in Lexington on October
20 & 21, 2003.  The conference will focus on the development and
application of techniques in material science, biomolecular
modeling/simulation and computational biology.

This year our keynote speaker is Dr. Dimitris Papaconstantopoulos from
the Naval Research Laboratory.  Dr. Papaconstantopoulos is a noted
researcher in the field of tight binding methods.  In addition, our
speaker slate includes:  Dr. Thom Dunning, Oak Ridge National
Laboratory, Dr. Roger Klein, University of Bonn;  Dr. Mary Jo Ondrechen,
Northeastern University;  Dr. Stephen C. Harvey, Georgia Institute of
Technology;  and Dr. Theresa Windus, Pacific Northwest National
Laboratory.  Further information on the conference and the full slate of
speakers can be found at http://www.ccs.uky.edu/workshop/SURA2003/
Registration for this conference is free.  We will be having a poster
session Monday evening, thus submission of posters is highly encouraged.

This year we are also proud to announce that through funding from the
DOD PET Program, a limited number of travel stipends will be available
for students from historically black colleges and universities or
minority serving institutions.  These stipends will cover airfare and
accommodations at the Hyatt Regency in Lexington.  An application form
is available by going to the SURA website and following the appropriate
links.

The conference will be webcast using the ACCESS Grid and VRVS
technologies. Further information on virtual access for this conference
can be be found at http://www.ccs.uky.edu/workshop/SURA2003/

************************************************
Dr. Mark A. Zottola
PET Director of Computational Chemistry and Materials
Army Research Laboratory
Aberdeen Proving Grounds
PB #134 939-I Beards Hill Road
Aberdeen, MD 21001
Voice: 410 278 7250  FAX: 410 297 9521
Email:  mzottola-.at.-arl.army.mil