Subject: Call for Papers - ACS Cheminformatics Division

From: Osman F Guner <osman=at=accelrys.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 11:30:51 -0700

Hello all:

We invite you to participate with the Chemical Information Division (CINF) 
Program at the upcoming ACS National Meeting at Anaheim.   The deadline 
for submitting abstracts is December 1st 2003.  Instructions on submitting 
abstracts through the OASYS is given at the end of this message.

The eleven symposia organized by CINF are listed below in alphabetical 
order, together with the symposium organizers' contact details.  If you 
have any questions, feel free to contact the session organizer directly.

Anaheim,
March 28-April 1, 2004
Division of Chemical Information

Program Chair: O. F. Güner, Accelrys Inc, 9685 Scranton Road, San Diego, 
CA 92121-3752, 858-799-5341, fax 858-799-5100, e-mail: osman=at¬celrys.com 

1- Advances in pharmacophores and 3D searching (Cosponsored with comp and 
medi). O. F. Güner

2- Chemical information needs for industrial and engineering chemistry 
(Cosponsored with iec). T. Wright, MDL Information Systems, Inc, 14600 
Catalina Street, San Leandro, CA 94577, 510-357-2222, fax 510-614-3652, 
e-mail: terryw=at=mdli.com

3- CINF serves SCHB: Patent information for small chemical businesses 
(Cosponsored with chal and schb). A. Engel, Paterra, Inc, 526 N Spring 
Mill Road, Villanova, PA 19085-1928, 610-527-4500, fax 610-527-2041, 
e-mail: aengel=at=paterra.com

4- Electronic Lab Notebooks R. Lysakowski Jr., Executive Director, 
Collaborative Electronic Notebook Systems Association, 800 West Cummings 
Park, Suite 5400, Woburn, MA 01801, 781-935-9600, fax 781-935-3113, 
e-mail: rich=atÎnsa.org

5- Environmental Chemistry: Where to find your information (Cosponsored 
with envr and toxi). E. Kajosalo, Libraries, Massachusetts Institute of 
Technology, 77 Masschusetts Avenue, Room 14S-134, Cambridge, MA 02155, 
617-253-9795, fax 617-253-6365, e-mail: kajosalo=at=mit.edu

6- General papers O. F. Güner

7- How do the changes in 21-CFR part 11 affect you? (Cosponsored with 
anyl, chas, laba and medi). D. A. Evans, MDL Information Systems, 14600 
Catalina Street, San Leandro, CA 94577, 510-357-2222 x1145, fax 
510-614-3651, e-mail: davide=at=mdli.com

8- Informatics challenges in Nanotechnology (Cosponsored with comp and 
inor). S. C. McGrother, Accelrys Inc, 9685 Scranton Rd, San Diego, CA 
92121, 858-799-5355, fax 858-799-5100, e-mail: smcgrother=at¬celrys.com

9- Poster session O. F. Güner

10- Research collaboratories, virtual laboratories, and Grid computing 
(Cosponsored with comp). G. Grethe, Consultant, 352 Channing Way, Alameda, 
CA 94502-7409, 510-333-7526, fax 510-865-5152, e-mail: 
ggrethe=at=comcast.net; W. A. Warr, Wendy Warr & Associates, 6 Berwick Court, 
Holmes Chapel, Cheshire, CW4 7HZ, United Kingdom, 011 44 1477 533837, fax 
+44-1477-533837, e-mail: wendy=at=warr.com

11- The bigger picture: linking bioinformatics to cheminformatics 
(Cosponsored with biot, medi and comp). M. A. Miller, LION bioscience, 
Inc, 955 Ridge Hill Lane, Suite 30, Midvale, UT 84047, 801 569 1390, fax 
801 365 3949, e-mail: mitchell.miller=at=lionbioscience.com

The following provides some guidelines on submitting your abstract through 
OASYS.

SUBMIT A TEST ABSTRACT IF YOU HAVE NEVER USED OASYS.
1. If you would like to try submitting an abstract with an image, prepare 
a GIF or JPEG image with a graphics package. Once in OASYS, you'll see 
instructions for creating graphics and improving the quality of your 
graphics (you won't need these tips to create your test graphic).
2. Enter the author submittal site at http://oasys.acs.org/oasys.htm.
3. Click the link to the CINF division, and select the appropriate 
symposium
4. Follow the prompts to submit an abstract.
5. When you come to the Submit Abstract Text page, answer "yes" to "does 
your abstract contain an image?".
6. Follow the prompts to submit the abstract text and image. If you have 
entered it successfully, you will see the Submit to Program Officials 
page.
7. Complete the submission by clicking the next Submit button. You will 
receive an email showing you an example of the confirming email authors 
receive.
8. To retrieve your abstract, you can click the View/Modify/Withdraw 
Abstract or Preprint on the OASYS home page and enter your abstract ID and 
password.

Note that authors who submit an email address will receive this confirming 
email. Other authors will get no notice of receipt.

Scheduling notices will be sent by ACS after the final program has been 
submitted. Presenting authors will receive an email message telling them 
when and where their presentations are scheduled.

Osman F. Güner, Ph.D.
Executive Director
Cheminformatics and Rational Drug Design
Accelrys Inc.,  858-799-5341
osman=at¬celrys.com, http://www.accelrys.com