Subject: Call for Papers - Pharmacophores/3D Searching

From: Osman F Guner <osman/at/accelrys.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 08:40:31 -0700

ADVANCES IN PHARMACOPHORES AND 3D SEARCHING

Venue: ACS Spring 2004 National Meeting
Place: Anaheim Convention Center, Anaheim, CA
Dates: March 28 - April 1, 2004

Organized by ACS Chemical Information Division (CINF)
Co-Sponsored by ACS Division of Medicinal Chemistry (MEDI), and
ACS Division of Computers in Chemistry (COMP)

Pharmacophores / 3D Searching is one of the most successful methods in 
Computer-Aided Drug Design.  In this symposium, we will review the recent 
developments in this field.  The topics that will be covered are:
- Advances in 3D Searching technology
   + 3D indexing; data mining; querying; 3D knowledge management
- Advances in Pharmacophores
   + Creative use of pharmacophores; receptor-based pharmacophores; 
predictive pharmacophore models
- Use of Pharmacophores for:
   + ADME/Tox predictions; Novel lead identification; Structure-based 
design; in flavors and fragrance industries; agrochemicals
- 3D Database building
   + structure generation; addressing conformational flexibility; storage 
of receptor-ligand complexes

If you are interested in any one of the above topics, we encourage you to 
submit a paper through the OASYS (http://oasys.acs.org/oasys.htm).  The 
deadline for submitting abstracts for this symposium is December 1st, 
2003.

The following provides some guidelines on submitting your abstract through 
OASYS.

SUBMIT A TEST ABSTRACT IF YOU HAVE NEVER USED OASYS.
1. If you would like to try submitting an abstract with an image, prepare 
a GIF or JPEG image with a graphics package. Once in OASYS, you'll see 
instructions for creating graphics and improving the 
quality of your graphics (you won't need these tips to create your test 
graphic).
2. Enter the author submittal site at http://oasys.acs.org/oasys.htm.
3. Click the link to the CINF division, and select the appropriate 
symposium
4. Follow the prompts to submit an abstract.
5. When you come to the Submit Abstract Text page, answer "yes" to "does 
your abstract contain an image?".
6. Follow the prompts to submit the abstract text and image. If you have 
entered it successfully, you will see the Submit to Program Officials 
page.
7. Complete the submission by clicking the next Submit button. You will 
receive an email showing you an example of the confirming email authors 
receive.
8. To retrieve your abstract, you can click the View/Modify/Withdraw 
Abstract or Preprint on the OASYS home page and enter your abstract ID and 
password.

Note that authors who submit an email address will receive this confirming 
email. Other authors will get no notice of receipt.

Scheduling notices will be sent by ACS after the final program has been 
submitted. Presenting authors will receive an email message telling them 
when and where their presentations are scheduled.

Osman F. Güner, Ph.D.
Executive Director
Cheminformatics and Rational Drug Design
Accelrys Inc.,  858-799-5341
osman/at/accelrys.com, http://www.accelrys.com