Subject: Internet Electronic Conference of Molecular Design 2003

From: IEJMD <iejmd_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 09:02:56 -0700 (PDT)

Call for papers

Internet Electronic Conference of Molecular Design 2003
IECMD 2003, November 23 - December 6

An Electronic conference for presenting and discussing
recent developments in Molecular Design will be held during
November 23 - December 6, 2003, on the World-Wide Web. IECMD 2003
covers all areas of molecular design and uses the Internet for
exchanging chemical information.

IECMD 2003 accepts electronic papers in the following categories:
 Posters
 Research notes
 Communications
 Full papers
 Reviews

Paper Submission
Papers should be submitted as Word files to iejmd_at_yahoo.com.
All papers will be peer reviewed. Accepted papers will be published
as PDF files on the IECMD 2003 Web site,
http://www.biochempress.com.
There will be no registration for visitors of IECMD 2003,
and all PDF papers will be free for download.
After the Conference, all accepted papers will be published in
IEJMD - the Internet Electronic Journal of Molecular Design.

Important Dates

October   1, 2003 - Titles and authors due
November  1, 2003 - Papers due, for peer review
November 15, 2003 - Final Papers due
November 23, 2003 - Conference begins
December  6, 2003 - Conference ends

For detailed Instructions for Authors, see http://www.biochempress.com
Instruction for authors and a Word template for preparing
the paper are available for download.

IECMD 2003 will cover all aspects  of computer-assisted
molecular design applications in chemistry, biochemistry,
biology, chemical and pharmaceutical industry, including:

Computer-aided organic synthesis
Chemical structure and reactivity investigated with molecular
 mechanics, quantum chemistry, and molecular dynamics methods
Definition, calculation and evaluation of novel structural descriptors
Chemical database searching, clustering, similarity and
 diversity measure
Prediction of physico-chemical properties with Quantitative
 Structure-Property Relationships (QSPR)
Quantitative Structure-Activity Relationships (QSAR) models
 for biological activity, toxicity, mutagenicity, and carcinogenicity
Prediction of chromatographic retention parameters and design
 of stationary phases for chromatography
Modeling of bioorganic compounds, such as proteins, enzymes, and nucleic acids
New algorithms for modeling chemical and biochemical phenomena,
 such as global optimization methods, simulated annealing, neural
 networks, genetic algorithms, ant colony algorithm
Design of special materials, catalysts, high energy compounds,
 polymers, molecular machines

*********************************
Dr. Ovidiu Ivanciuc
Sealy Center for Structural Biology,
Department of Human Biological Chemistry & Genetics,
University of Texas Medical Branch,
301 University Boulevard,
Galveston, Texas 77555-1157
USA

__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Shopping - with improved product search
http://shopping.yahoo.com