Subject: eCheminformatics 2003 virtual conference

From: Barry Hardy <barry.hardy~at~tiscalinet.ch>
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 13:53:35 +0200

Announcement and Call for Posters

eCheminformatics 2003 - Virtual Conference and Poster Session
To be held 10-14 Nov 2003, http://conferences.metalayer.net/echeminfo/

eCheminformatics 2003 is an international virtual conference to be held on 
the Internet which brings together researchers to discuss the applications 
of Cheminformatics methods to Drug Discovery.  Please visit the 
eCheminformatics 2003 virtual conference site 
http://conferences.metalayer.net/echeminfo/ to sign-up and remain informed 
on the program.

The conference will consist of live and Internet-based Virtual Lectures 
presented through the Conference Auditorium accompanied by phone-based 
teleconferences. Discussions with the audience will take place on the Web 
site using both asynchronous and synchronous discussion-based mechanisms 
and by teleconference. Archived recordings of the presentations will be 
viewable in the Conference Library both during and after the conference.

Poster Session

All conference registrants have the opportunity to present a conference 
Poster on a cheminformatics subject during the conference. Posters can be 
presented in Word, pdf, html or Powerpoint format.  If you or a colleague 
wish to present a Poster at the conference, please submit your abstract to 
us with Title, author(s), institution, contact email address, contact phone 
number and abstract of no more than 300 words.  Registrants will 
subsequently be able to directly upload their poster to the Poster Session 
area of the Conference site.

Speaker Presentations

Web-base tools for Library Design: Tracking the Data from Conception to 
Bio-assay & Beyond, Bradley P. Feuston, Merck

Application of privileged substructure identification to drug discovery, 
Christophe Cleva, Serono

Optimized Virtual Screening, Miklós Vargyas, Chemaxon

Systematic analysis of large screening sets, Paul Blower, Leadscope

Extended pharmacophores in virtual screening for drug discovery, David 
Lloyd, De Novo Pharmaceuticals

Leveraging HTS Data using Drug Profiling, Andrew Lemon, ID Business 
Solutions Ltd

Quality Control in QSAR Model Development, Alex Tropsha, University of 
North-Carolina

Grid Computing on a massive scale: The University of Oxford/UD.com Screen 
Saver Smallpox Project, Karl Harrison, Oxford University

Decisions from data visualization: Cheminformatics discovery and 
integration with other knowledge, Jeff Saffer, Omniviz

Advances in Consensus Modeling for ADME/Tox Prediction, Gregory M. Banik, 
Bio-Rad Laboratories

ChemIDplus: A Free, Web-Based Portal to Compound-Based Information, 
Mitchell Miller, Lion Bioscience

Peptide to Non-Peptide: a Revolution in Virtual Screening, Mark Mackey, 
Cresset BioMolecular Discovery Ltd

High Throughput Virtual Screening, John Irwin, UCSF

Sincerely,
Dr. Barry Hardy
Conference Secretariat
barry.hardy~at~tiscalinet.ch
+41 61 851 0170