Subject: 2nd Industrial Fluids Properties Simulation Challenge

From: "Dr. Jan K Labanowski" <jkl*at*ccl.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:48:46 -0400 (EDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 15:07:08 -0500
From: rbross*at*mmm.com
To: jkl*at*ccl.net

Topic: 2nd Industrial Fluids Properties Simulation Challenge

It is with great pleasure we announce the Second Industrial Fluid
Properties Simulation Challenge.   The second challenge follows the
successful conclusion of the first challenge which led to significant
assessment and advancements of simulation methodology via the application
to research challenge problems for prediction of vapor-liquid equilibria,
density, and viscosity.  The Second Simulation Challenge will focus on
prediction of vapor pressures and heats of vaporization, gas solubility,
and enthalpies of mixing for materials. For details on Second Simulation
Challenge as well as on the results of the first competition and could you
please see the attached announcement and/or
http://www.cstl.nist.gov/FluidSimulationChallenge.

The goal of the Industrial Fluid Properties Simulation Challenge (IFPSC)
is to obtain an in-depth and objective assessment of our current abilities
and inabilities in the prediction of physical properties for industrially
challenging fluids.

The accuracy of property prediction is based on the choice of forcefield
and modeling technique. As a result, it is anticipated that the awardees
of each problem in this competition will develop or apply an accurate and
general forcefield that can model a range of different chemistries and
develop or apply a modeling technique that can handle materials in different
states (liquid/vapor), is precise and accurate, and computationally swift.

Industrial and NIST Organizing Committee