Subject: Nov. 15 Deadline: Abstracts for ECS Symp. on ADVANCED SHORT-TIME THERMAL PROCESSING FOR Si-BASED CMOS DEVICES II

From: Jan Labanowski <jkl{at}ccl.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 22:46:00 -0500 (EST)

Please find attached the CALL FOR PAPERS for our annual symposium on
"ADVANCED SHORT-TIME THERMAL PROCESSING FOR Si-BASED CMOS DEVICES, II",
at the 205th Electrochemical Society Meeting in San Antonio, Texas (USA),
May 9-14, 2004.

DEADLINE for abstract submission: NOVEMBER 15, 2003.

This symposium will cover the latest developments in Rapid Thermal
Processing and other short-time processing technologies with emphasis on
mainstream CMOS engineering (or integration), in particular on gate stack,
source/drain and channel engineering. As such in addition to conventional
RTP technologies such as RTA, RTO and RTCVD, and related equipment and
modelling issues, we welcome applications of techniques such as UV or
laser-assisted processing in annealing, doping, etc., and advanced
thin-film deposition techniques such as Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD),
MOCVD and UHV-CVD, remote plasma and, sputtering, MBE, etc.
Researchers and technologists are encouraged to submit their abstracts on
applications in the areas of: formation and/or deposition of ultra-thin
gate dielectrics (including novel higher dielectric constant materials)
and their gate electrodes (including metal gates); doping technologies to
form ultra-shallow junctions;  formation of low-resistivity contacts to
such junctions;  advanced channel engineering approaches including Si-Ge
channels and ultrathin SOI technologies;  modelling and equipment issues.
Finally, new developments in RTP and other short-time processing and
inspection equipment to improve throughput, uniformity, in-situ
monitoring, non-intrusive wafer inspection, process control and modelling
are of special interest to this symposium.

Publication of a Proceedings Volume is planned to be available at the
meeting. All authors accepted for presentation are obligated to submit a
camera-ready Proceedings Volume manuscript. For review purposes the
electronic version of this manuscript should be sent by Email to the
symposium organizers before December 15, 2003.  Instructions for preparing
the manuscript will be sent out by the symposium organizers after the
official notification of acceptance is distributed by the ECS Headquarters
Office.

A tentative list of invited speakers includes J. Woo / UCLA ; R. Lindsay /
IMEC; K. Suguro / Toshiba, Japan; W. Lerch / Mattson, Germany ;
M. Ieong / IBM; K. Saraswat / Stanford; A. Ritenour / MIT: C.W. Liu /
National Taiwan Univ.; T.J King   /UC Berkeley; S. Thompson  / Intel;
E. Gerritsen / Philips-STM, France; W. Tsai / Intel; G. Higashi / Applied
Materials; E. Garfunkel  / Rutgers Univ.; T. Horikawa / MIRAI, Japan
W. Maszara / AMD ; J.P. Lu / Texas Instruments ; C. Hobbs / Motorola,
France ; Z. Zhang / Georgia Tech

Symposium Organizers: M.C. Vzt|rk, North Carolina State University, Dept.
of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Centennial Campus, 1010 Main
Campus Drive, EGRC Building, Rm 339, Campus Box 7920, Raleigh, NC
27695-7920, USA, Phone: (919) 481 4057, Fax (919) 515-5055, E-mail:
mco{at}eos.ncsu.edu;  E. Gusev, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, P.O. Box
218, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598, USA, Phone (914)-945-1168, Fax
(914)-945-2141, E-mail: gusev{at}us.ibm.com ; L.J. Chen, National Tsing Hua
University, Dept. of Materials Science and Engineering 101, Sec. 2,
Kuang-Fu Road, Hsinchu, Taiwan 300, Republic of China, Phone +
886-3-5731166, Fax +886-3-5718328, E-mail: ljchen{at}mse.nthu.edu.tw ; D.-L.
Kwong, University of Texas at Austin, MER 2.60A, Mailcode R9950, Austin,
TX 78712-1100, USA, Phone: (512) 471-5922, Fax (512) 471-4345, E-mail:
dlkwong{at}mail.utexas.edu ; P.J. Timans, Mattson Technology Inc., 47131
Bayside Parkway, Fremont, CA 94538, USA, Phone (510)-492-6114, Fax:
(510)-226-8241, E-mail: Paul.Timans{at}mattson.com ; G. Miner, Applied
Materials, 2727 Augustine Dr., M/S 0768, Santa Clara, CA 95054, USA,
Phone: (408)235-4518, Fax: (408)563-8468, E-mail: gary_miner{at}amat.com; F.
Roozeboom, Philips Research Labs (WA 14), Prof. Holstlaan 4, 5656 AA
Eindhoven, The Netherlands, Phone: + 31-40-2742767, Fax: + 31-40-2743352,
E-mail: Fred.Roozeboom{at}philips.com .

For more information:
http://www.electrochem.org/meetings/future/205/meeting.htm  and
ecs{at}electrochem.org

The Electrochemical Society Inc., 65 South Main Street, Pennington, NJ
08534-2896, USA
Phone  609-737-1902 , fax  609-737-2743