Subject: ACS 04.03.28 Anaheim -- Grid computing, research collaboratories, virtual labs

From: Jan Labanowski <jkl{at}ccl.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 21:45:41 -0500 (EST)

This notice has been published on several listservers, I apologize for any
inconvenience.

You are invited to present a paper at the symposium "Research
collaboratories, virtual laboratories, and Grid computing" organized jointly
by the Division of Chemical Information (CINF) and the  CSA Trust during the
227th National Meeting of the American Chemical Society (ACS) in Anaheim,
March 28 - April 1, 2004.

We specifically solicit papers discussing research, design, and development
of Grid technologies that help in solving large-scale compute and data
intensive applications in the broader area of drug design, including
software tools and resource brokers that facilitate large-scale molecular
studies on geographically distributed computational and data resources.

Abstracts should be submitted online using OASYS ( <http://oasys.acs.org/>
http://oasys.acs.org). The deadline for submission is November 25, 2003.
Any changes to an abstract can be made until December 1st.  If you have any
questions regarding the symposium or problems with submitting your abstract
please call or e-mail me (see below).  Co-organizer of the symposium is Dr.
Wendy Warr of Wendy Warr & Associates.

The targeted length of a presentation is 30 minutes including 5 minutes for
Q&A.  When planning your presentation, consider a back-up person from your
organization who could deliver your talk if for any reason you are prevented
> from attending the meeting.

Speakers are responsible for their own travel and registration costs.
One-day registration fees will be paid by the Division after approval by the
organizers for speakers who are non-US scientists or non-ACS members

Dr. Guenter Grethe
352 Channing Way
Alameda, CA 94502-7409
Tel/Fax: 510-865-5152
Mobile: 510-333-7526
e-mail: ggrethe{at}comcast.net