Subject: Building NWChem 4.5 on windows

From: Mozart <mozart.pimentel(at)universiabrasil.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 13:49:49 -0300

Dear CCL'ers,
 I've tried to build NWChem 4.5 on Windows and everything was fine, 
till the link moment, where i've got the following messages:

'C:\nwchem\src>nmake link

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility   Version 6.00.8168.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights reserved.'

        f90 -nologo /Fe"c:\nwchem\bin\win32
\nw32.exe" .\obj\nwchem.obj  .\obj\st
ubs_win32.obj /link /stack:20000000  /debug:full /debugtype:cv /pdb:none
 /libpat
h:"c:\nwchem\lib\win32"  /libpath:"c:\nwchem\src\tools\lib\win32" /libpa
th:"C:\A
rquiv~1\MPICH\SDK\lib"  nwctask.lib ccsd.lib mcscf.lib selci.lib 
mp2.lib moints.
lib stepper.lib driver.lib dftgrad.lib nwdft.lib gradients.lib cphf.lib 
esp.lib
ddscf.lib guess.lib hessian.lib vib.lib nwcutil.lib rimp2.lib tce.lib 
tddft.lib
property.lib nwints.lib prepar.lib nwmd.lib paw.lib pspw.lib nwpw.lib 
band.lib n
wpwlib.lib cafe.lib space.lib analyze.lib pfft.lib dplot.lib nbo.lib 
drdy.lib qm
mm.lib qmd.lib  etrans.lib nwcutil.lib  pario.lib global.lib ma.lib 
peigs.lib  t
cgmsg-mpi.lib armci.lib  lapack.lib blas.lib C:\Arquiv~1
\MPICH\SDK\lib\mpich.lib
 wsock32.lib  imsl.lib imsls_err.lib imslmpistub.lib
nwcutil.lib(bas_checksum.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external 
symbol _CHECK
SUM_INIT@0
nwcutil.lib(geom_checksum.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external 
symbol _CHEC
KSUM_INIT@0
nwcutil.lib(bas_checksum.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external 
symbol _CHECK
SUM_UPDATE@8
nwcutil.lib(geom_checksum.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external 
symbol _CHEC
KSUM_UPDATE@8
nwcutil.lib(bas_checksum.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external 
symbol _CHECK
SUM_CHAR_UPDATE@8
nwcutil.lib(geom_checksum.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external 
symbol _CHEC
KSUM_CHAR_UPDATE@8
nwcutil.lib(bas_checksum.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external 
symbol _CHECK
SUM_FINAL@8
nwcutil.lib(geom_checksum.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external 
symbol _CHEC
KSUM_FINAL@8
paw.lib(paw_sd.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol 
_INIT_PAW_VLOC_M
ATRIX@0
paw.lib(paw_sd.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol 
_PAW_COMP_CHARGE
_INIT@0
paw.lib(paw_sd.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol 
_PAW_NONLOCAL_IN
IT@8
paw.lib(paw_sd.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol 
_PAW_NONLOCAL_EN
D@0
paw.lib(paw_sd.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol 
_PAW_COMP_CHARGE
_END@0
paw.lib(paw_sd.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol 
_END_PAW_VLOC_MA
TRIX@0
paw.lib(paw_force.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol 
_PAW_NONLOC_G
OP_U_PTR@4
paw.lib(paw_force.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol 
_PAW_NONLOC_G
OP_D_PTR@4
paw.lib(paw_inner_loop.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol 
_PAW_COM
P_CHARGE_UPDATE@0
paw.lib(paw_inner_loop.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol 
_PAW_ENE
RGY_VLOC_ATOM@0
paw.lib(paw_psi_H.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol 
_PAW_NONLOCAL
@24
c:\nwchem\bin\win32\nw32.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 15 unresolved 
externals
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'f90' : return code '0x460'
Stop.'

 Can anyone help me in understanding what's happening, and how can i 
build the program?
Thanks a lot.
Mozart Pimentel
DQF-UFPE-Brazil

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Universia, o portal dos universitarios.
Servigos, informagues e contezdo acadjmico na maior rede 
universitaria do mundo. (www.universiabrasil.net)