Subject: new North American Editor -- JCC

From: JGlover$at$wiley.com
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 10:32:57 -0500

New Editor Announcement:

John Wiley & Sons wishes to acknowledge Dr. William Jorgensen for his work
as North American Editor of the Journal of Computational Chemistry over the
past 2 years.  Thanks to Dr. Jorgensen's efforts, the journal has
experienced a period of growth and progress, especially in the area of life
sciences.  Dr. Jorgensen has accepted, effective January 2004, an
opportunity with the American Chemical Society as Editor of the Journal of
Chemical Information and Computer Sciences, as well as a new journal to be
annnounced in 2004. We thank Dr. Jorgensen for his services and wish him
the best of luck.

      As Dr. Jorgensen steps down, we are pleased to announce the
appointment of Dr. Charles L. Brooks, III as the new North American Editor
of the Journal of Computational Chemistry beginning January 2004.  Dr.
Brooks leads a research group at the Scripps Research Institute in La
Jolla, California whose focus is computational biophysics and chemistry.
He is also a member of the National Biomedical Computation Resource
Advisory Committee; an NSF reviewer for proposals in chemistry, chemical
instrumentation biological instrumentation, and biophysics; and the
initiator and organizer of the La Jolla Interfaces in Science
Interdisciplinary Training Program. Dr. Brooks' reputation as one of the
foremost scientists in the field of molecular biology is well-known; he is
a dedicated scientist with an impressive background and we are pleased and
excited that he has accepted this editorship with JCC.

We would also like to acknowledge Drs. Gernot Frenking and Hiroshi
Nakatsuji for their continuing editorial efforts; they will of course
remain as Editors for Europe, Asia, and the Far East.