Subject: Re: CCL:disk space error

From: Anton Feenstra <feenstra.-at-.chem.vu.nl>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 09:18:47 +0100

John Lee wrote:
[...]
>  Estimated scratch disk usage=  1039185760 words.
>  Actual    scratch disk usage=  1031867744 words.
[...]
> The disk still has enough space (50G, 46G available). What caused this
> problem?

It seems like you're writing 1G words, which would be 2G bytes. Perhaps
your filesystem (or other OS components) doesn't support files >2Gb?

-- 
Groetjes,

Anton
  _____________ _______________________________________________________
|             |                                                       |
|  _   _  ___,| K. Anton Feenstra                                     |
| / \ / \'| | | Dept. of Pharmacochem. - Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam |
|(   |   )| | | De Boelelaan 1083 - 1081 HV Amsterdam - Netherlands   |
| \_/ \_/ | | | Tel: +31 20 44 47608 - Fax: +31 20 44 47610           |
|             | Feenstra.-at-.chem.vu.nl - www.chem.vu.nl/~feenstra/       |
|             | "If You See Me Getting High, Knock Me Down"           |
|             | (Red Hot Chili Peppers)                               |
|_____________|_______________________________________________________|

---

From: "Noel O'Boyle" <noel.oboyle2..at..mail.dcu.ie>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 11:39:09 +0000

Hello John,
Gaussian seems to impose a limit of 2GB on the size of read-write files.

To get around this you need to specify a number of read-write files as Link
0 commands, i.e.
%rwf=gxx1.rwf,2000MB,gxx2.rwf,2000MB,gxx3.rwf,2000MB

I think there is also a limit on the number of read-write files you can
create.

Noel O'Boyle