Subject: CCL: ACS Computational Chemistry of Carbohydrates Symposium

From: Jorge Gonzalez <uccajgo7^at^netscape.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 20:13:01 -0500

Dear Colleagues,
 
 This note is to let you know that December 2 is the deadline for abstracts
 for the spring 2004 ACS meeting in Anaheim CA, March 28 - Apr 1.  If you
 wish to present a poster or make an oral presentation at the
 "Computational Chemistry of Carbohydrates Symposium" please submit an
 abstract on the ACS webpage http://oasys.acs.org/ as soon as possible.
 
 My intention is to use this symposium as a platform to illustrate not only
 advances in computational methods, but also to illustrate the application
 of these methods in experimental structural analysis.  This meeting is
 jointly sponsored by the COMP and CARB divisions and so it should provide
 an excellent opportunity for experimentalists and theoreticians to discuss
 issues of common interest.
 
 Invited speakers have not yet been selected or contacted as that will
 depend heavily on the funding. So please go ahead and submit an abstract
 before it is past the deadline.  
 
 Feel free to circulate this email among your colleagues and to contact me
 with requests for specific topics or speakers.
 
 Offers to contribute to funding the travel expenses for invited speakers,
 as well as suggestions for sources of funding are of course very welcome!
 During these symposia scientists present their results and of
 course discuss their computing needs.  Sponsorship is a very good
 opportunity for hardware vendors to influence a significant number of
 active research scientists.  
 
 I hope to see you there.
 
 Best wishes,
 
 Rob Woods

 Robert J. Woods, Ph.D.
 
 Associate Professor of Biochemistry          Voice: (706) 542-4454
  and Molecular Biology                     FAX: (706) 542-4412
 
 University of Georgia                http://glycam.ccrc.uga.edu
 Complex Carbohydrate Research Center      
 315 Riverbend Road                  "One small step for Man,
 Athens, GA 30602                      one giant leap for
 Man-9"