Subject: Re: CCL:AMBER is MM or MD?

From: "Peter Gannett" <pgannett(at)hsc.wvu.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 21:12:58 -0500

Telkuni:

I'm not sure I understand your question entirely, but amber is used for
both MM and MD.

Pete Gannett

>>> "Telkuni" <telkuni(at)venus.dti.ne.jp> 11/28/03 15:37 PM >>>
Hello, CCLers.

Although I think it is very basic knowledge, I want to know the truth.

Some papers and books treat AMBER as Molecular Mechanic method 
describing with force fields and bonding parameters. But others treat 
AMBER as Molecular Dynamic method describing with potential functions.

Does AMBER belong MM or MD? and or both of them?

>...All responses, I will appreciate. And I will summarize them.

 Sincerely yours,
----------------------------------------------------
      Telkuni Tsuru     telkuni(at)venus.dti.ne.jp

-= This is automatically added to each message by the mailing script =-
To send e-mail to subscribers of CCL put the string CCL: on your
Subject: line
and send your message to:  CHEMISTRY(at)ccl.net

Send your subscription/unsubscription requests to:
CHEMISTRY-REQUEST(at)ccl.net 
HOME Page: http://www.ccl.net   | Jobs Page: http://www.ccl.net/jobs 

If your mail is bouncing from CCL.NET domain send it to the maintainer:
Jan Labanowski,  jkl(at)ccl.net (read about it on CCL Home Page)
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+