Subject: CCL: question about the form of LSER

From: Jinsong Zhao <zh_jinsong!at!yahoo.com.cn>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 21:39:16 +0800 (CST)

Dear all,

Becuase I can not find the original paper to give me a confirm on the
correct form of LSER developed by Kamlet and Taft, I have to ask for
your help.

In the paper titled "Linear free energy relationships using quantum
mechanical descriptors" published in Reviews in Computational Chemistry
2002, 18, 211-255, by Famini and Wilson, the LSER is given as
following:

P=mV_{x2}+s(\pi_2^*-d\delta)+a\alpha_2+b\beta_2+P_0

Here, the subscript 2 refers to solute parameters. However, as you will
note that the \delta does not have the subscript 2.

I wonder whether the original form of LSER does not have the subscript
2 or just the latter authors make a mistake.

Thank you very much for your help on this matter. 

Best wishes,

Jinsong

=====
(Mr.) Jinsong Zhao
Ph.D. Candidate
School of the Environment
Nanjing University
No.22 Hankou Road, Najing 210093
P.R. China
E-mail: zh_jinsong!at!yahoo.com.cn

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com