Subject: RE: SOMFA TF2 File Format Converter

From: "Axel Mathieu" <Axel.Mathieu!at!neokimia.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 16:18:43 -0500

Thanks for your reply ... I understand that SOMFA comes with its own CIF to TF2 converter (am I mistaken?) but I was wondering if others had scripted other converters for more file types. Did anybody? I would thus not have to go through my filetypes -> PDB -> CIF -> TF2 (I would like to limit the conversion steps).

APM

-----Original Message-----
From: andre mauricio de oliveira [mailto:amolive!at!dedalus.lcc.ufmg.br] 
Sent: 3 dicembre, 2003 07:10
To: Axel Mathieu
Cc: CCL
Subject: CCL:SOMFA TF2 File Format Converter

Dear Dr Mathieu,

The program SOMFA2 itself is distributed with a file converter and a grid
visualizer.

Greets.

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003, Axel Mathieu wrote:

> Greetings CCL'ers,
> I just came across SOMFA but unfortunately it works with its own TF2 file format. Did anybody script a file conversion tool for this file type?
> APM
>

Andre Mauricio de Oliveira

VOICE +55-031-374-1325
      +55-031-499-5765
FAX   +55-031-499-5700

Laboratorio de QSAR e Modelagem Molecular
Nucleo de Estudos em Quimica Medicinal (NEQUIM)
NEQUIM's Homepage: http://www.qui.ufmg.br/~nequim
Departamento de Quimica ICEx
Federal University of Minas Gerais
Av Antonio Carlos 6627 Pampulha ZIP CODE 31270-901
Belo Horizonte MG Brazil

-= This is automatically added to each message by the mailing script =-
To send e-mail to subscribers of CCL put the string CCL: on your Subject: line
and send your message to:  CHEMISTRY!at!ccl.net

Send your subscription/unsubscription requests to: CHEMISTRY-REQUEST!at!ccl.net 
HOME Page: http://www.ccl.net   | Jobs Page: http://www.ccl.net/jobs 

If your mail is bouncing from CCL.NET domain send it to the maintainer:
Jan Labanowski,  jkl!at!ccl.net (read about it on CCL Home Page)
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

---

From: andre mauricio de oliveira <amolive..at..dedalus.lcc.ufmg.br>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 21:52:17 -0200 (BDB)

Dear Dr Mathieu,

SOMFA2 does not need to be run with its TF2 format. It is able to run
both .csr and .tf2 formats, although .tf2 run faster. I myself have
worked with it by using only .cssr format in a direct way.

Cheers.

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Axel Mathieu wrote:

> From: andre mauricio de oliveira [mailto:amolive..at..dedalus.lcc.ufmg.br]
> and send your message to:  CHEMISTRY..at..ccl.net
>
> Send your subscription/unsubscription requests to: CHEMISTRY-REQUEST..at..ccl.net
> Jan Labanowski,  jkl..at..ccl.net (read about it on CCL Home Page)

VOICE +55-031-374-1325
      +55-031-499-5765
FAX   +55-031-499-5700