Subject: Re: CCL:Molecular Complexes

From: Anton Feenstra <feenstra[at]chem.vu.nl>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 18:33:16 +0100

Tarek M. El-Gogary wrote:

>   
> 
> Dear CCLers,
> 
> I am looking for an accurate definition for the term, Molecular Complexes. 
[...]

This would, I'm afraid, be somewhat context dependent. There is a wide, and
fairly continues scale of complexes, both terms of affinity (i.e. strength
of binding of the partners in the comples) and in lifetime (i.e. persistence
times of the binding). In other words, it would depend on the time-window
you are interested in, and on the relative affinity with respect to other
processes/binding partners/etc. in your sysem of interest.

-- 
Groetjes,

Anton
  _____________ _______________________________________________________
|             |                                                       |
|  _   _  ___,| K. Anton Feenstra                                     |
| / \ / \'| | | Dept. of Pharmacochem. - Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam |
|(   |   )| | | De Boelelaan 1083 - 1081 HV Amsterdam - Netherlands   |
| \_/ \_/ | | | Tel: +31 20 44 47608 - Fax: +31 20 44 47610           |
|             | Feenstra[at]chem.vu.nl - www.chem.vu.nl/~feenstra/       |
|             | "If You See Me Getting High, Knock Me Down"           |
|             | (Red Hot Chili Peppers)                               |
|_____________|_______________________________________________________|