Subject: Intel Fortran 8.0 bug

From: Christoph van Wüllen <Christoph.vanWullen-.at.-TU-Berlin.De>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 12:42:05 +0100

Meanwhile I have analyzed the error in the FORTRAN support library
and constructed a small test case. Try this with ifort version 8:

       program test
       character*48 str(2)
       str(1)=' 1.  this is some junk'
       str(2)=' 2.  here is the target'
       do i=1,2
       write (6,*) index(str(i), ' the')
       end do
       end

and you will see what's going wrong (I got the answers 61 and 13).
The error is in the support function for_string_index.
It is not unreasonable to assume a problem in the quality control.

+---------------------------------+----------------------------------+
| Prof. Christoph van W|llen      | Tele-Phone (+49) (0)30 314 27870 |
| Technische Universitdt Sekr. C3 | Tele-Fax   (+49) (0)30 314 23727 |
| Stra_e des 17. Juni 135         | eMail                            |
| D-10623 Berlin, Germany         | Christoph.vanWullen-.at.-TU-Berlin.De |
+---------------------------------+----------------------------------+
--