Subject: Santa Fe summer school in TDDFT, June 5-10, 2004

From: Kieron Burke <kieron-.at.-dft.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 12:02:09 -0500 (EST)

Time-dependent density-functional theory (TDDFT) was established 20
years ago, and has since then made significant formal and practical
progress.  Today, TDDFT is the method of choice for calculating excitation
energies of complex molecules, and is becoming increasingly popular for
describing spectroscopic properties of bulk solids, clusters, and
nanostructures. Another growing area of applications is the nonlinear
dynamics of strongly excited systems.

This Summer School will provide an in-depth introduction to the
fundamental framework of TDDFT, and will give a broad overview of its
applications. The School specifically invites students and non-specialists
in chemistry, physics and materials science, and will be organized as a
6-day interactive short-course.

The website, including application materials, is at
http://campus.umr.edu/tddft/tddft.htm.  Space is limited.

The organizers are Carsten Ullrich, Kieron Burke, and Giovanni Vignale.

Assoc. Prof Kieron Burke    Dept Chemistry & Chem. Biology
Rutgers University     610 Taylor Rd, Piscataway, NJ 08854
Telephone: (732)445-1785 (office),-2618 (dept),-5312 (Fax)
kieron-.at.-dft.rutgers.edu              http://dft.rutgers.edu
Fall  03: Mon+Wed  Princeton Materials Inst. (609)258-7480