Subject: Bioinformatics Conf BGRS'2004, July 25-30, 2004, Novosibirsk-Russia

From: Jan Labanowski <jkl~at~ccl.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 11:34:07 -0500 (EST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 16:50:00 +0600
From: Orlov Y.L. <orlov~at~bionet.nsc.ru>
To: jkl~at~ccl.net
Subject: Conference BGRS'2004

The Fourth International Conference on Bioinformatics of Genome Regulation
and Structure (BGRS'2004)

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

Dear Colleagues:
Program and Organizing Committees have honor to announce the traditional
biennial event-The Fourth International Conference on Bioinformatics of
Genome Regulation and Structure (BGRS'2004)-to be held on July 25-30, 2004,
in Akademgorodok, Novosibirsk, Russia.
Do put it in your diaries, please!

BGRS'2004 is a multidisciplinary conference, and we are pleased to invite
scientists with an interest in bioinformatics, mathematical, theoretical, or
computational biology to attend the meeting.

Its scope includes development and application of advanced methods of
computational and theoretical analysis to structure-function genome
organization, proteomics, and evolutionary and system biology. The event
addresses the latest research in these fields, and will be a great
opportunity for attendees to showcase their works.

BGRS'2004 provides a general forum for disseminating and facilitating the
latest developments in bioinformatics in molecular biology, and we also
invite scientists participating in experimental research and using
theoretical and/or computational methods in their practice and/or
researchers supported by INTAS grants to come. We will be delighted to see
industry representatives from biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies as
BGRS'2004 conferees, too.

BGRS'2004 topics of interest include:

 	COMPUTATIONAL STRUCTURAL AND FUNCTIONAL GENOMICS
Large-scale genome analysis and comparison; genome functional annotation,
gene finding and prediction; genome knowledge bases and ontologies; mobile
genetic elements and repeated DNA sequences, DNA nucleosomal organization.
Regulatory genomic sequences: databases and knowledge bases, computer
analysis, modeling and simulation, comparative genomics of regulatory
regions; gene expression (models of transcription, splicing, and translation
control);

 	COMPUTATIONAL STRUCTURAL AND FUNCTIONAL PROTEOMICS
RNA structure-function organization (analysis and prediction); protein
structure and function analysis, modeling, and prediction; classification of
folds and structural motifs in proteins; functional sites and active centers
in 3D protein structure (recognition and modeling of function); large-scale
analysis of proteomes and protein-protein interactions;

 	COMPUTATIONAL SYSTEM BIOLOGY
Gene networks, regulatory networks, signal transduction pathways, metabolic
pathways, gene expression pathways (databases and knowledge bases, computer
analysis, modeling, and simulation); In silico reconstruction of gene
networks by computational analysis of microarray data; description and
modeling of intracellular dynamics; intercellular communication modeling;
virtual cell; networks and development; systems biology and biotechnology,
epigenetics;

 	COMPUTATIONAL EVOLUTIONARY BIOLOGY
Genetic variation (SNPs, haplotypes, etc.); large scale genome
rearrangements; genome polymorphism; molecular evolution, regulatory systems
and metabolic pathways; comparative genomics; evolution of protein structure
and function; phylogenetic trees reconstruction; horizontal transmission of
genetic information;

 	METHODS TO ANALYZE AND SIMULATE BIOMOLECULAR SYSTEMS AND PROCESSES
Integrating genetic, functional, and molecular pathways with genetic
networks from complex genetic trait analysis; interactive links between
bioinformatics and experimental research on functional genomics (gene
expression array analysis and other new technologies and methods); data
warehousing, knowledge discovery, data mining, and machine learning in
genomics and proteomics; superlarge computer systems in molecular biology
and molecular genetics, high performance computing in functional and
structural genomics and proteomics; data management methods and systems;
database integration; data visualization; string and graph algorithms;
stochastic modeling;

 	BIOINFORMATICS AND EDUCATION

As at previous conferences, the BGRS'2004 program will be composed of
plenary lectures, oral reports, specialized poster sessions, computer
demonstrations, software demonstrations, round table discussions, and
tutorials.

International Program Committee is co-chaired by
Nikolay Kolchanov (Institute of Cytology and Genetics, Novosibirsk, Russia)
and Ralf Hofestaedt (University of Bielefeld, Germany).
Local Organizing Committee is chaired by Dagmara Furman (Institute of
Cytology and Genetics, Novosibirsk, Russia).

DEADLINES

March 30, 2004: Four-page abstracts due

May 01, 2004: Acceptance/rejection notifications sent out and the abstracts
are included into the program

June 15, 2004: Registration of participants at the site of the Conference

To get detailed and up-to-date information, visit please our website at
http://www.bionet.nsc.ru/meeting/bgrs2004/

or you can also send email to the conference coordinator
bgrs2004~at~bionet.nsc.ru

============================================================================