Subject: CEC2004 call for papers, Special session on Evolutionary Computation in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology

From: Rene Thomsen <thomsen.-at-.daimi.au.dk>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 00:36:46 +0100

CEC 2004 - Call for Papers 
Special session on Evolutionary Computation in Bioinformatics and Computational
Biology

The sixth Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC 2004), sponsored
by the IEEE Neural Networks Society, IEE, and the Evolutionary
Programming Society, will be held in Portland Marriott Downtown,
Portland, Oregon, USA, June 19-23. 2004. See http://cec2004.org for
more details.

Bioinformatics and computational biology present a number of difficult
optimization problems with large search spaces. Recent applications of
evolutionary computation in this area suggest that they are well
suited to this area of research. This special session will highlight
applications of evolutionary computation to a broad range of topics
including drug docking, protein folding, sequence alignment, genomics,
proteomics, metabolics, and medicine. Particular interest will be
directed towards novel applications of evolutionary computation to
problems in these areas.

Submission deadlines

Submission of papers: 31. January 2004
Notification of acceptance: 15. February 2004
Camera-ready paper: 1. March 2004

Papers should follow the formatting guidelines for CEC2004 regular papers (see
http://cec2004.org/Submission.htm for more details), and should be submitted
through the CEC04 submission website (see
http://cec2004.org/review/upload.php). Remember to select the "Evolutionary
computation in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology" in the "Additional
topics" field. Submissions should be in PDF format and should not exceed 8
pages in length. This includes all figures, tables, graphs, photos, and
bibliography entries.

Special session organizer:

Reni Thomsen
BiRC - Bioinformatics Research Center
Department of Computer Science
University of Aarhus
Ny Munkegade, Bldg. 540
DK-8000 Aarhus C
Denmark
E-mail: thomsen.-at-.daimi.au.dk