Subject: Fw: QSAR - Hansch Award of the QSAR and Modelling Society

From: Osman F Guner <osman.-at-.accelrys.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 13:23:40 -0800

Please see appended, brief description of the Hansch Award of the QSAR and 
Modelling Society.  If you have suggestions for qualified candidates for 
the 2004 Hansch Award (young scientists in the field, who are not quite 
40), please provide the name and a brief description of the candidate's 
qualifications (CV preferred) to Hugo Kubinyi at (kubinyi.-at-.t-online.de).

Osman F. Güner, Ph.D.
Executive Director
Cheminformatics and Rational Drug Design
Accelrys Inc.,  858-799-5341
osman.-at-.accelrys.com, http://www.accelrys.com
----- Forwarded by Osman F Guner/San Diego/Accelrys on 01/05/2004 01:13 PM 
-----

kubinyi.-at-.t-online.de (Hugo Kubinyi) 
Sent by: qsar_society-admin.-at-.accelrys.com
01/03/2004 07:07 AM
Please respond to
qsar_society.-at-.accelrys.com

To
<qsar_society.-at-.accelrys.com>
cc

Subject
QSAR - Hansch Award of the QSAR and Modelling Society

==> do not reply, send answers to kubinyi.-at-.t-online.de 

Dear Members, 

in 1999, our Society created the Hansch Award , to be given to "young 
scientists (up to an age of 40), being active in the field of 
(quantitative) structure-activity modelling". 

The Hansch Award winners, so far, are 

Hua Gao, 2000 
Gabriele Cruciani, 2001 
Tudor Oprea, 2002 
David Clark, 2003. 

Beginning in 2004, a Nomination Committee will select appropriate 
candidates; afterwards, a Selection Committee will pick the winner, out of 
this group. This procedure should avoid any positive or negative bias. 

Now we are looking for names for 2004. Everybody is invited to come up 
with proposals (send names to kubinyi.-at-.t-online.de , not to the list). 
Don't be shy, tell us your favorite candidate or ask a friend to propose 
your name, and include a short CV and a list of key publications of this 
person. 

Best regards and a Happy New Year, 

Hugo (Chair of the Nomination Committee) 

Prof. Dr. Hugo Kubinyi, Donnersbergstrasse 9 
D-67256 Weisenheim am Sand, Germany 
FAX +49-6353-508233, E-mail kubinyi.-at-.t-online.de 
HomePage http://home.t-online.de/home/kubinyi