Subject: Chemical Biophysics Symposium, Toronto, March 19 - 21, 2004

From: Jeremy Schofield <jmschofi/at/chem.utoronto.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 11:53:43 -0500

First Announcement
Chemical Biophysics Symposium 2004
Toronto, Canada
March 19-21, 2004

http://www.chembiophys.ca

We are pleased to announce that the third annual Chemical Biophysics 
Symposium will be held in Toronto, Canada on March 19-21, 2004. 
Chemical Biophysics is an emerging interdisciplinary field bridging the 
physical sciences and biology.  The past two meetings were 
overwhelmingly successful in bringing together a diverse set of 
researchers and stimulating the exchange of ideas in an informal 
environment, and this year will build upon that success.

The meeting will be held on the campus of the University of Toronto, 
with inexpensive rooms available in nearby hotels at special rates. 
Toronto is an exciting, diverse city with many attractions, ranging from 
excellent museums to fine dining.  Since Toronto is the largest urban 
centre in Canada, travel to and from the city is easy and relatively 
inexpensive.  The costs of the meeting are minimal (Students/Post-docs: 
$75-$85 (credit card) and all others $135-$145 in Canadian dollars), and 
will cover registration as well as several meals (see the web page for 
more details).

A number of outstanding researchers have agreed to speak at the Chemical 
Biophysics Symposium, including:

Robert Blankenship, ASU
Chris McKay, NASA-Ames
David Weitz, Harvard
Benoit Roux, Cornell Medical
Steve Ferguson, UWO
Terry Beveridge, Guelph
Michelle Wang, Cornell

The bulk of the meeting will consist of oral presentations and posters 
selected from submitted abstracts.  In order to keep the meeting 
informal, the number of attendees will be limited to 150 researchers, 
also selected on the basis of submitted abstracts.  We strongly 
encourage you and any interested colleagues to visit the conference web 
page, submit an abstract, and attend the third of what we hope will be 
many meetings devoted to growing field at the interface between the 
physical and biological sciences.

Abstract submission deadline: February 7, 2004
Early registration deadline: January 15, 2004 (rates increase by C$60 
after this date)

For additional information about the meeting, travel, and 
accommodations, please consult the conference web page:
http://www.chembiophys.ca

We hope to see you there!  Please forward this message to any interested 
colleagues.

The Organizing Committee:

Cynthia Goh
Ray Kapral
Dwayne Miller
Jeremy Schofield
Greg Scholes
Michael Menzinger
Darren Anderson
Gabriel Hanna
Jan Rainey
Bernie Sattin
Alexander Doust
Mayrose Salvador
Mark Sinyor
Gabriel Hanna
Andrea Nagy
Tieneke Dykstra
Alessandro Sergi
Zuzana Ecerova
Paul Trudeau
Jordan Dinglasan
Nicolas Taulier
Dave McMillen
Robin Stoodley
Cecile Fradin
Anja Nohe