Subject: EMBO course - 3D structure databases - uses for biological problem solving

From: Janet Copeland <copeland=at=ebi.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 14:46:31 +0000

EMBO Workshop 19 - 24 September 2004

Registration for this workshop is now open.
Please see http://www.ebi.ac.uk/msd/news-events/EMBO.html
for details of the course and access to on-line registration page

The course will teach the basic principles; aspects of 3D database 
technology and the associated tools for data analysis to bioscientists 
wishing to understand the wealth of structure information available.  
The course is primarily aimed at PhD students and postdocs to give them 
a familiarity with how structure data can be used in their own 
projects.  Databases for 3D structural data for proteins and nucleic 
acids, together with the associated access tools have matured into a 
major tool for molecular biology.  The course is intended to cover the 
background to relational databases and the computational aspects of 
characterizing structure of biological macromolecules.

Co-organizers
Professor Janet Thornton (European Bioinformatics Institute)
Dr Gerard Kleywegt (Uppsala University)
Dr Jaime Prilusky (Weizmann Institute of Science)
Dr Helen Berman (Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey)

Janet Copeland
Workshop co-ordinator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~