Subject: compiling DOCK on OSX

From: Kim Branson <kim.branson_at_csiro.au>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 02:18:30 +1100

Hi all,

I'm looking at running DOCK on some G5 Xserves, so i'm trying to build 
UCSF DOCK 4.01 and DOCK 5 on osx (panther), has anyone done this?

DOCK 4.01  and grid have a problem with:
gcc -O2 -lm   -c -o parm.o parm.c
In file included from parm.c:10:
/usr/include/sys/resource.h:81: error: field `ru_utime' has incomplete 
type
/usr/include/sys/resource.h:82: error: field `ru_stime' has incomplete 
type
/usr/include/sys/resource.h:119: error: parse error before "int32_t"
/usr/include/sys/resource.h:124: error: parse error before "rlim_t"
/usr/include/sys/resource.h:130: error: parse error before "fixpt_t"
/usr/include/sys/resource.h:132: error: parse error before '}' token
parm.c: In function `set_memory_limit':
parm.c:356: error: storage size of `total' isn't known
parm.c:356: error: storage size of `resident' isn't known
make: *** [parm.o] Error 1

while with DOCK 5 the version of oelib is hard to build, since the 
configure script does not know about  darwin. I'm trying a newer 
version of the oelib library from sourceforge (i'm not sure if one can 
mix and match the library versions? ). The version of mpich  Version 
1.2.2, August, 2001 also has trouble with the configure process. I'm 
hoping the new version of the library (1.2.5.2) might fix this, but if 
anyone has makefiles or tips for this version i'd appreciate it.

cheers

Kim