Subject: TMS Electronic Materials Conference, Notre Dame, June 23-25

From: "Jan K. Labanowski" <jlabanow{at}nd.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 03:42:40 -0500

Only few days are left until the deadline for abstract submissions to the
TMS Electronic Materials Conference, Notre Dame, Indiana, USA,
June 23-25

For details, please see the Web site of the Conference:

   http://www.tms.org/Meetings/Specialty/EMC04/EMC04.html

See you in Notre Dame.

> From the Conference Announcement:

TMS Electronic Materials Conference, Notre Dame, June 23-25

The 46th Electronic Materials Conference (EMC) sponsored by the
Electronic Materials Committee of TMS will be held at Notre Dame
University, Notre Dame, Indiana from June 23 through June 25, 2004.

The conference will provide a forum for topics of current interest and
significance in the areas related to the preparation and characterization
of electronic materials. Individuals actively engaged or interested in
electronic materials research and development are encouraged to attend
this meeting, and papers in this general subject are solicited.
EMC/DRC

The Device Research Conference (DRC) and the Electronic Materials
Conference (EMC) of TMS will again coordinate activities. The DRC will be
held on Monday, June 21 through Wednesday, June 23, 2004. The EMC will be
held on Wednesday, June 23 through Friday, June 25, 2004. Device-oriented
papers should be submitted to the DRC and materials-oriented papers to
the EMC.

Inquires about DRC should be forwarded to:

Pallab Bhattacharya
University of Michigan
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
1301 Beal Avenue
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2122
Tel: (734)763-6678
Fax: (734)763-9324
Email: pkb{at}eecs.umich.edu

The major thrust areas of the 2004 Electronic Materials Conference
in Notre Dame, Indiana include:

    * Wide bandgap semiconductor materials and device applications
    * Nanoscale science and technology in materials
    * Organic, molecular and nanotube-based materials and devices
    * Epitaxial growth
    * Contacts
    * Materials integration
    * Materials issues in advanced silicon technology
    * Narrow-bandgap semiconductors
    * Spin-dependent electronic materials
    * Materials issues for sensors

The Electronic Materials Conference (EMC) aims to provide the premier
annual forum for presentations of current interest and significance to
the preparation, characterization and application of electronic
materials. Research on semiconductors, dielectrics, metals, and molecular
materials is included within the conference scope. Individuals actively
engaged or interested in electronic materials research and development
are encouraged to submit papers and attend the conference. The attended
audience includes students, professors, scientists, engineers,
researchers, technicians, R&D managers, and product managers

ABSTRACT DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 3, 2004
Contact:
Edward Yu
University of California, San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive
ECE Dept MC 0407
La Jolla, CA 92093-0407
Tel: (858)534-6619
Fax: (858)822-3425
Email: ety{at}ece.ucsd.edu

Sent by:

Jan K. Labanowski, Ph.D.                  tel. (574) 631-5465
Science Computing Facility                 FAX (574) 631-9293
University of Notre Dame
Notre Dame, IN 46556-5670