Subject: G03 with Linda

From: Tom Kuppens <tom^at^hartree4.UGent.be>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 14:59:12 +0100 (CET)

Hi there,

I compiled g03revB05 with TCP Linda 7.1 Rev7.1 with PGI5.1 on 
Redhat 8.0. I also tried to do this on RedHat9.0. I managed to compile g03 
on RH9 (after some tweaks grrr) but the compilation of linda goes 
wrong (d*mn glibc). I contacted Gaussian helpdesk and they advised me to 
use the RH8.0 binaries on the RH9.0. So far so good.
Now ... 

How do you get Linda to work? There is virtually no documentation to get 
it running. I tried everything that I could think of to run a gaussianjob 
in parallel with linda but they all failed. We are working on PIV's RH9.0. 

- user that is running gaussian has rsh access to other nodes and vice 
versa (btw why not ssh? Far more easier an safer ..)

- .tsnet.config file created in user's ~/

- $g03root is on all the machines equivalent ie /usr/local

- gaussian input was put on a NFS share and SCR files were written on this 
NFS share (accessible to all nodes)

Gaussian jobs are submitted without a problem/errors (%NPROCLINDA=2) but 
the process doesn't migrate. 

(All nodes are behind a switch and are connected via 100MBit ethernet.)

Can someone give me some hints on what's going wrong, and is there someone 
who can point me out what to do ... ?

Thanks in advance!!

Tom Kuppens

Research group Quantumchemistry
Department of Inorganic and Physical Chemistry WE06V
Ghent University
Krijgslaan 281 - S3, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Tel  +32(0)9 264 4444
Fax  +32(0)9 264 4983
--
http://allserv.UGent.be/~tkuppens
----
 Running is not just a sport but a biological necessity.
    -- Yiannis Kouros