Subject: 64-bit-(AMD Opteron) multiprocessor (4-16 CPUs) parallel system?

From: Andras.Borosy(at)givaudan.com
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 12:07:11 +0100

Dear Colleagues,

What do you suggest to buy? 

Some months ago someone supported Apple  G5 clusters. Does it still has 
the best price/performance?

Many thank,

Andras Borosy

---

From: Jussi Eloranta <eloranta*at*jyu.fi>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 18:48:49 +0200

> the best price/performance?

Even though it might not give you the best performance (probably very 
close though) - IT WORKS.

We have had some bad experiences with the latest PC hardware and linux. 
You should include
the amount of man power to set up such a system in you cost estimate. 
If everything goes well linux
might work just OK - but if it doesn't then you are in trouble.

Best regards,

Jussi Eloranta