Subject: Conference Announcement/ Philosophy of Chemistry & Biochemistry

From: Eric Scerri <scerri=at=chem.ucla.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:58:17 -0800

International Society for the Philosophy of Chemistry
8th Summer Symposium
Hatfield College
University of Durham
Sunday 15th - Wednesday 18th August 2004

Call for Papers

Previous summer symposia of the International Society for the
Philosophy of Chemistry have provided a forum for philosophers and
chemists to present papers on metaphysical, epistemological,
methodological, semantic, logical and historical issues raised by
thinking about the subject matter and science of chemistry. The 8th
Summer Symposium will continue this tradition. Papers are therefore
invited on any topic in the philosophy of chemistry.

If you would like to present a paper, please send a title and
abstract (of around 300 words) to Robin Hendry, as an email
attachment in Word or RTF formats, or (preferably) in the body of an
email message. You should also give your postal and email address,
and academic affiliation. I will notify you as soon as possible
whether your abstract has been accepted. The deadline for submitting
an abstract is Saturday 1 May 2004. The deadline for registration for
the conference is Thursday 1 July.

For further details see

http://www.dur.ac.uk/philosophy.department/general/events/ISPC.html

Please contact:

Dr RF Hendry
Department of Philosophy
University of Durham
50 Old Elvet
Durham
DH1 3HN UK

email: r.f.hendry=at=durham.ac.uk

------------------

Dr. Eric Scerri,
Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry,
UCLA,
Los Angeles,
CA 90095.

E-mail   scerri=at=chem.ucla.edu
Phone  310 576 0031

--------------------------------------------------------

UCLA Web page
http://www.chem.ucla.edu/dept/Faculty/scerri/index.html

Editor of Foundations of Chemistry
http://www.kluweronline.com/issn/1386-4238

International Society for the Philosophy of Chemistry
http://www.georgetown.edu/faculty/earleyj/ISPC.html