Subject: Fwd: ACS Pubs ends publishing moratorium

From: Jan K Labanowski <jlabanow|at|nd.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 18:26:23 -0500

Not that I want to have a discussion of this issue at CCL, but you should probably know about it.
-- 
Jan K. Labanowski, Ph.D.                   Tel. (574) 631-4565
Science Computing Facility                FAX (574) 631-9293
University of Notre Dame
225 Nieuwland Science Hall
Notre Dame, IN 46556-5670

----- Forwarded message from "Culp, F B." <bculp|at|PURDUE.EDU> -----
    Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:34:17 -0500
    From: "Culp, F B." <bculp|at|PURDUE.EDU>
Reply-To: CHEMICAL INFORMATION SOURCES DISCUSSION LIST <CHMINF-L|at|indiana.edu>
 Subject: ACS Pubs ends publishing moratorium
      To: CHMINF-L|at|LISTSERV.INDIANA.EDU

Greetings-

I offer with absolutely no comment or unclean thought the following item
> from today's Chronicle of Higher Education:

"In apparent defiance of U.S. Treasury Department regulations, the
American Chemical Society decided on Tuesday to end its own temporary
moratorium on publishing papers by scientists in countries under trade
embargoes, such as Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, and Sudan."

The full text of the article is available for a limited time on the CHE
Website at:
http://chronicle.com/prm/daily/2004/02/2004021902n.htm

Bartow Culp
Purdue Univeristy

CHMINF-L Archives (also to join or leave CHMINF-L, etc.)
http://listserv.indiana.edu/archives/chminf-l.html
Search the CHMINF-L archives at:
http://listserv.indiana.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=chminf-l
Sponsors of CHMINF-L:
http://www.indiana.edu/~cheminfo/chminf-l_support.html

----- End forwarded message -----