Subject: 40th Symposium for Theoretical Chemistry

From: Matthias Lein <matthias..at..chemie.uni-marburg.de>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 13:55:33 +0100

Dear Colleagues,

on behalf of the organisers Gernot Frenking and Max C. Holthausen, I have
the pleasure and honour to announce that the 40th Symposium for Theoretical
Chemistry will take place in Suhl/Germany, from September 19 to
September 23. The topic will be Computational Chemistry.

Further information on registration and participation can be found on:

http://www.chemie.uni-marburg.de/stc2004/

The list of invited speakers includes:

  * Elfi Kraka: "The Central Role of the Self-Interaction Error in
    Density Functional Theory"
  * Frank Neese: "Theoretical Optical and Magnetic Spectroscopy of
    Open Shell Transition Metal Complexes of Relevance to Bioinorganic
    Chemistry"
  * Georg Schreckenbach: "Actinide Molecular Science - New Results"
  * Peter Schwerdtfeger: "From Relativity to Electroweak Interactions"
  * Kevin Naidoo: "Stretching Glycosidic Bonds to the Point of
    Breaking and Beyond"
  * Matthias Bickelhaupt: "Molecular Recognition in Catalysis and DNA
    Replication"
  * Georg Jansen: "Calculation and Modelling of Intermolecular Forces"
  * Eluthavingal Jemmis: "Electronic Structural Relationship between
    Boron and Carbon"
  * Christoph van W|llen: "Two-Component Relativistic Density
    Functional Calculations"
  * Frank Weinhold: "Unified Theory of Chemical Bonding Interactions
    in the Natural Bond Orbital Framework"
  * Robert Deeth: "Structure and Mechanism in Transition Metal
    Mediated Reactions"
  * Helge Kragh (After Dinner Lecture): "Chemical Elements, the
    Periodic System, and Early Quantum Chemistry"
  * Peter Janich (Opening Lecture, in German): "Theorie und Praxis.
    Zur Rolle einer alten Unterscheidung f|r die theoretische Chemie"

Sincerely,
Matthias Lein.

-- 
Matthias Lein <matthias..at..chemie.uni-marburg.de>