Subject: SDF files

From: Richard Wood <rlw28/at/cornell.edu>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 18:20:30 -0700

Hi all

I'm trying to glean the structures out of some SDF files that I have. I 
have 3 databases that have structures in them, and I'm trying to get the 
structures out of them.  I've downloaded the SDF toolkit and the program 
CACTUS, but neither of those are helping me.  I can get both programs to 
read the first structure, but I can't get any further than that.

Any suggestions on how to do this, including any other programs that 
could be of help (free would be the best) would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Richard

-- 
Richard L. Wood, Ph. D.
Computational Chemist
SynVax, Inc.
N. Logan, UT 84341

---

From: Gyanendra Kumar <gyan/at/mbu.iisc.ernet.in>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 17:18:45 +0530 (IST)

Hi Richard,
You can try babel. you can seperate individual structures from a SDF 
database using this free program downloadable from the net.

Gyan.

-- 
********************************************
Gyanendra Kumar (Research Student),
Prof. A. Surolia's Lab,
#204, Molecular Biophysics Unit,
Indian Institute Of Science,
Bangalore, PIN-560012.INDIA,
Phone 91-80-22932389,22932714, 22932539(Res).
http://mbu.iisc.ernet.in/~surolia/gyan.html
********************************************
Residence: R-17, Students Hostel, IISc.
********************************************