Subject: ELECTRONIC STRUCTURE SIMULATIONS OF NANOSTRUCTURES (ESSN-2004)

From: Jussi Eloranta <eloranta!at!jyu.fi>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 13:44:24 +0200

Dear CCL members,

I am relaying the following workshop announcement:

ELECTRONIC STRUCTURE SIMULATIONS OF NANOSTRUCTURES (ESSN-2004)
- TOWARDS AN UNDERSTANDING OF PHYSICAL, CHEMICAL AND BIOLOGICAL 
PROCESSES

University of Jyvdskyld, Finland

June 18-21, 2004

The scope of this workshop is to explore the current status of the 
research
in the broad area of electronic structure simulations of nanoclusters,
nanoparticles and nanostructures in various fields of physics, 
chemistry and
biology. A number of experimental talks are added in the program to 
promote
exchange of ideas and interdisciplinary collaborative efforts between
simulations and experiments. The program will consist of invited 
lectures,
short "hot topic" presentations, poster sessions, and tutorial sessions 
on
modern electronic structure theory, which are included for the benefit 
of
the attending students and young researchers.

Speakers include: W. Andreoni, T. Bernhardt, J. Eloranta, T. 
Frauenheim, G.
Galli, R. Gebauer, B. Hammer, U. Heiz, O. Ikkala, R. Jones, U. Landman, 
M.
Moseler, A. Nakajima, G. Pacchioni, M. Parrinello, K. Reuter, A. Rubio, 
G.
Scoles, A. Selloni, M. Di Ventra, R. Wolkow, L. Wvste

Organizing committee: H. Hdkkinen, U. Heiz, M. Manninen, G. Pacchioni, 
A.
Selloni

Deadlines: Registration, accommodation and abstracts by March 31, 2004

http://www.phys.jyu.fi/essn04

essn2004!at!phys.jyu.fi