Subject: Summer Research Workshop

From: Cheri Brooks <cbrooks-.at.-ucsd.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 12:05:21 -0800

Theory and Computation in Molecular Biological Physics
August 9-20, 2004 - La Jolla, CA
http://ctbp.ucsd.edu/workshopinfo_2004.html

This workshop will provide an introduction to the principles and 
practice of simulation methods in the
broad area of molecular biophysics.  The two-week format will consist 
of lectures in the mornings, and
hands-on computational work in the afternoons.  The lectures will 
cover six main areas: the nature of
biological structures; development and use of molecular force fields; 
simulation methods; statistical
thermodynamics; electrostatics; and energy landscapes in protein 
folding and structure prediction.

The workshop will be hosted by The Center for Theoretical Biological 
Physics (CTBP), an
NSF-sponsored Center, based on the campus of the University of 
California, San Diego as a
partnership between UCSD, The Scripps Research Institute, The Salk 
Institute for Biological Studies
and the San Diego Supercomputer Center in collaboration with the NIH 
Research Resource for
Multiscale Modeling Tools in Structural Biology (MMTSB).

The application deadline is April 1, 2004.  Thirty-five applicants 
will be invited to participate no later than May 1, 2004.  The CTBP 
will provide meals and accommodations for participants in UCSD 
dormitories.  In addition, the CTBP  has funds are available to 
defray participants' airfare expenses.  For more details or to 
complete an application, please visit 
http://ctbp.ucsd.edu/workshopinfo_2004.html

-- 
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Cheri Brooks, Administrative Director
Center for Theoretical Biological Physics (CTBP)
                   and
La Jolla Interfaces in Science (LJIS)
      Interdisciplinary Fellowship Program

Mailing address:   9500 Gilman Drive MC 0374 - La Jolla, CA  92093-0374
Physical address:  6234 Urey Hall                      
Phone:  858-822-1296
Fax:  858-534-7697