Subject: CCL: Quantitative Structure-Activity Relationships Training

From: David Gallagher <dgallagher.-at-.cachesoftware.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 03:42:52 -0800

Quantitative Structure-Activity Relationships, (hands-on training seminar)
Thursday April 1, 2004, 1pm - 4pm
UCSD Extension, San Diego, CA

http://bioscience.ucsd.edu/cache.html

This 3-hour course starts with a 40 minute overview presentation of the 
basic principles and application of Quantitative Structure-Property (and 
Activity) Relationships (QSAR & QSPR) for predicting almost any physical, 
chemical or biological property, e.g. water solubility, reaction rates, 
rodent carcinogenicity, etc. The course is designed for the experimental 
chemist or biochemist and requires no special knowledge of computational 
chemistry or modelling techniques. Some familiarity with Windows-based 
computers is assumed.

The remainder of the 3 hour session is devoted to hands-on exercises in 
using the CAChe software on a Windows computer to develop and create QSARs 
to predict various properties such as Lipinski's Rule-of-5, pKa, reaction 
rates, human intestinal absorption (HIA), and antibacterial activity. The 
student has the choice of working through the examples at their own pace 
with the step-by-step written notes or, following along with the instructor 
demonstrating the exercises on the projection screen. There will be one or 
two students per computer.

This training is organized by UCSD Extension, San Diego, CA
For info call (858) 964-1347 or e-mail 
<mailto:unexbio2.-at-.ucsd.edu>unexbio2.-at-.ucsd.edu