Subject: CCL: Structure-Guided Drug Design Training

From: David Gallagher <dgallagher|at|cachesoftware.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 03:43:42 -0800

Structure-Guided Drug Design, (hands-on training seminar)
Thursday April 1, 2004, 9am - 12 noon
UCSD Extension, San Diego, CA

http://bioscience.ucsd.edu/cache.html

This 3-hour course starts with a 40 minute overview presentation of the 
basic principles and examples of software tools for structure-guided drug 
design, including analyzing proteins, identifying active-sites, comparing 
ligand-protein interactions, and automated docking. The course is designed 
for the experimental chemist or biochemist and requires no special 
knowledge of computational chemistry or modelling techniques. Some 
familiarity with Windows-based computers is assumed.

The remainder of the 3 hour session is devoted to hands-on exercises in 
using the BioMedCAChe software on a Windows computer to: import, clean-up, 
and analyze protein crystal structures, ligands, and their complexes from 
the Protein Data Bank; dock ligands into proteins; identify active sites in 
homologues by automatic sequence alignment; use automated docking to screen 
libraries of potential inhibitors. The student has the choice of working 
through the examples at their own pace with the step-by-step written notes 
or, following along with the instructor demonstrating the exercises on the 
projection screen. There will be one or two students per computer.

This training is organized by UCSD Extension, San Diego, CA
For info call (858) 964-1347 or e-mail 
<mailto:unexbio2|at|ucsd.edu>unexbio2@ucsd.<mailto:unexbio2|at|ucsd.edu>edu