Subject: Call for Posters - 15th EuroQSAR 2004

From: Osman F Guner <osman!at!accelrys.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 09:19:19 -0800

If there is only one meeting you can participate this year, EuroQSAR 2004 
is it. 

A heritage event with 25 year history, this year's EuroQSAR is unique in 
that it will also celebrate the 40th anniversary of QSAR.  The monumental 
Hansch-Fujita paper of 1964 (one of the most cited papers) is generally 
accepted as the beginning of QSAR.  Prof. Corwin Hansch has agreed to give 
the opening lecture entitled "40 Years with QSAR".  The social program 
takes advantage of the unique aspects of the venue, Istanbul, excursion 
with cruise at Bosporus and cultural evening with dinner, all included as 
part of the registration. 

The organizing committee is putting together a strong technical program 
under the session headings: QSAR, Chemical Properties (QSPR), Chemistry 
and Biology Interface, Combinatorial Chemistry, Computer Aided Drug 
Design, and a surprise new additional session entitled "Emerging 
Technologies" that will include very new ideas and approaches in the field 
that has not been published yet.

CALL FOR POSTERS:

The single track meeting has limited slots available for oral 
presentations.  The standard format for submitting abstracts for this 
meeting is POSTERS !

Apart from the invited plenary lecturers, very few poster presenters will 
be selected by the organizing committee and be invited to change their 
presentation format to oral communication of 25 minutes presentation 
followed by 5 minutes Q&A.  Peer-reviewed and selected best 30 accepted 
posters will be offered for publication in the Journal of QSAR and 
Combinatorial Science.  Also, a grant of Euro 1,000.- will be awarded to 
the top young-investigator (graduate student or postdoc of 30 years or 
younger) who is presenting a poster.

The deadline for submitting posters is May 15th.  For more information on 
how to submit a poster and formats etc., please check the Web-site 
(http://www.euro-qsar2004.org/). 

Mark your calendar for this scientific event of the year!  EuroQSAR 2004 - 
September 5-10, Istanbul, Turkey

On behalf of the organizing committee, I am inviting you to submit an 
abstract for this meeting.

Regards...Osman

Osman F. Güner, Ph.D.
Executive Director
Cheminformatics and Rational Drug Design
Accelrys Inc.,  858-799-5341
osman!at!accelrys.com, http://www.accelrys.com